Wild and Wacky Polyhedra Modeling Contest

couldn't resist...

Hi!
my quick n' funny try: "AlienBrain"... I know I can't enter the competition due to polycount, but I thought to post it anyway :smile:

cheers,
Alessandro

P.S.: for those wondering... mine has the same shape but it's way smaller ;)

Attachments

• AlienBrain1.jpg
    AlienBrain1.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 558
  • AlienBrain2.jpg
    AlienBrain2.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 554
  • AlienBrain.jas.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:
Good Job!

Hi!
my quick n' funny try: "AlienBrain"... I know I can't enter the competition due to polycount, but I thought to post it anyway :smile:

cheers,
Alessandro

P.S.: for those wondering... mine has the same shape but it's way smaller ;)

Very funny and very alien! :icon_thumbup:
Did you only put specular on thinking because it was being "bright?"

-- Jhhl

PS: Six more days!

Did you only put specular on thinking because it was being "bright?"/QUOTE]

thanks, it came out quite funny indeed...
no specular but a little emission: try to connect/disconnect the free "chain" to the emissive channel in the node editor (the material is a variation of Archie's terracotta, BTW)

cheers,
A

Attachments

• Schermata 2010-09-24 a 19.12.37.jpg
    Schermata 2010-09-24 a 19.12.37.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 550
Time's up!

Last day to submit entries!
Below is a reminder about how I'm counting votes. ;)
BTW, last minute entries count. If you are working on an entry and have not quite finished, then please state so in a comment on this page. Also say how far the deadline must be stretched to accommodate you.
However, no stretching the deadline beyond October 15, please. :D

Submitting Your Vote at the End of The Contest:
Just send a Private Message to me through my Public Profile telling me which one you like the most. I will count up the votes and declare the winner at the end.

-- Jhhl

BTW, what is the polycount?

-- Jhhl

sorry, I missed this one... :smile:
I didn't noticed while "modeling" and never really cared (I was just playing when I came up with this...). now I just checked the file, it's about 750 polys unsubdivided (but horrible)... with a minimum of 2 subD's it's 12k and with 3 as in previous renders it's 49k. so I'm slightly out of the competition LOL :tongue:

cheers,
A

sorry, I missed this one... :smile:
I didn't noticed while "modeling" and never really cared (I was just playing when I came up with this...). now I just checked the file, it's about 750 polys unsubdivided (but horrible)... with a minimum of 2 subD's it's 12k and with 3 as in previous renders it's 49k. so I'm slightly out of the competition LOL :tongue:

cheers,
A

Those polyhedras are hard to make look interesting without making the poly-count higher then a hundred, huh? :D
--Jhhl

Poll?

I just realized a more effective way of counting votes would be to make a poll.
Does anyone have any way of doing this?
This contest was pretty awesome but after it ended nobody voted. :frown:
I am eager to see which one is the favorite one and also to see the finished models that some of you started, like frank beckman's or Erin's. :D

I'm going to make a special thread for all the finished polyhedras that were submitted. Last chance to submit your entries! :D

-- GS

Back