funny faces

funny faces

sink.jpg

now i'm wondering -

why is it so quiet at the forum ?

is the user base paralyzed by the advent of v5.6 beta or is everyone moving into blender ? :tongue:

why is not everybody having fun rendering something really silly ?

maybe someone has an even more hilarious idea and joins me here,

just for the fun ?

toilet1.jpg

Last edited:
Great models and renders Archie!:icon_thumbup:
I think that this will be a fun thread to get going. I'm just so swamped now doing boring 'non modeling'' things. You ALMOST had me dragged into this the other day, but I must focus, focus, focus :frown:
Maybe I'll get a funny face posted soon.

Erin

Last edited:
thanks erin !

hope you'll find some free time to *defocus* and join in with something funny, that will not only bring relief but also is a good learning exercise as i have experienced with these valves and faucet and sink...

- archie

Thanks, Archie! Those are great! Good humor and great models! I'll try to post one a little later when I figure out how to do it.

Bill in MN

Here's a subtle one - not to the standards that Archie has posted but I thought I'd post it anyway.

If anyone has any ideas on making the white plastic look more realistic (and in fact the whole scene) I'd love to hear it - at the moment it's lit by the HDRI and a single point light.

Thanks!

Attachments

• light-switch.jpg
    light-switch.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 702
If anyone has any ideas on making the white plastic look more realistic (and in fact the whole scene) I'd love to hear it - at the moment it's lit by the HDRI and a single point light.

that's pretty good Dave! :icon_thumbup:

for the plastic button I think you could try to smooth edges either with the bevel tool or with the old ringcut+subdivide technique. the shader could also use a slight reflection (maybe with a 0.1 blur but that depends on the plastic you're trying to replicate)... if you want it to be more white you can try a little emission (like 5/100) but I think it's easier to balance the white point in post

just my 2c btw :smile:

cheers,
A

hi novolume,

thank you for joining in !
good idea, textures and render.
alessandro is right about the plastic:
add blurred reflections and tweak color and value till you get the shiny look (always depends on the hdri and view angle, the specular works only with a direct light).
blurred reflections always increase rendering times substantially but in many cases the number of samples can be lowered from 16 to 4 or even less.
the shadow around the case is very dark, i would power up radiosity a bit.

good to see another idea, i think there are endless possibilities...

@ BillG
thanks bill !

- archie

A simple quick & dirty scene, but I definitely had some fun doing it...
(The texture on the sausage is from the "Decorated Pig" thread)

Attachments

• fface.jpg
    fface.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 588
Another try ;-)
(the textures are from cgtextures.com)

Attachments

• fface2.jpg
    fface2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 596
Last edited:
Back