2nd Cheetah3D-Contest

2nd Cheetah3D-Contest

Contest.jpg

Contest overview:
This is the second offical Cheetah3D modelling and rendering competition. This time it is a Character modeling contest. And with characters I mean almost everything with eyes and a mouth like Humans, animals, robots, monsters, aliens, speaking coloa tins etc.

The contest officially starts at 1.April.2006 and ends at 28.April.2006.

So start up your render engines and good luck,
Martin

The Prizes:
1. iPod nano (2GByte)
2. Intaglio (powerful vector drawing app)
3. Intaglio (powerful vector drawing app)

Entry Requirements:
1. The model and the rendered image must have been created with Cheetah3D.
2. The image consist only of Entrant’s own original work.
3. If others apps than Cheetah3D have been used this has to be disclosed.
4. The entry meets the contest Motto "Character".

How to enter:
To take place at the Cheetah3D-Contest send the following material
1. The entry image (1280x960 .png file, the image can be split up in four 640x480 views to show the character from different views)
2. A screenshot of the 3D scene in Cheetah3D (640x480, .jpg file).
3. The list of apps which have been used to create the entry.
4. Your complete postal and email address.
to the following email address. martin@cheetah3d.de

Judging:
Entered images which meet the Entry Deadline and Entry Requirements will be preselected by a jury. The actuall winner will then be publicly voted from the preselected entries in the Cheetah3D user forum. If two or more entries get the same number of votes the jury chooses the final winner from the entries with the same number of votes.

Termination:
The organizer reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest in its sole and absolute discretion if the Contest becomes technically corrupted or is not capable of being run as planned, including unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of organizer that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest.

Sponsors:

Last edited:
ready to start

and so I'm ready to start.
(maybe in my spare time in the night... ) :)

a little question:
- if I had a partial model made in other modeler, can I use it and re-model/add mesh/modify or not?

keebOo

Hi,
sorry but this time the models must be 100% Cheetah3D. Because it is mainly a modeling contest and not a rendering contest.

But I'm sure you can also make a great entry with "just" Cheetah3D.

Applications like Photoshop for creating textures etc. are allowed of course.

By,
Martin

Martin,
Are we only allowed to enter creatures that we have made after April 1st? Because I started mine the second of April and just finished it, but I have better things that I made february.

PS: I've been gone for awhile, and I love the new layout of the site!

Last edited:
Hi,
no problem when you made your character. As long as you made it by yourself in Cheetah3D it is OK. Just send in the best character you've ever made.

By,
Martin

Hi,
Martin, in the contest are we allowed to have character and have him standing in a scene with trees and ground in the background. Or are we just allowed to have the guy.

Thanks,
Eureka

Hi,
you can put your character into a scene of course. But the main focus should be onto the character.

By,
Martin

Hi,
the 2nd Cheetah3D-Contest is closed now. So please don't submit contest entries anymore.

Many thanks for all entries. I will post the voting thread soon.

By,
Martin

Back