Moving Multiple Keyframes in a Hierarchy

Moving Multiple Keyframes in a Hierarchy

Hi Everyone,

Again, been a long time since I've posted, but I come and read the new threads each day. I like lurking here... :)

I know this question was lasted asked back in 2008 and it is on the wish list, but I'd love to know if there is any update. Specifically I'd like to delete a key from the parent and all the children in the Hierarchy and move a key on the parent and all the children in the Hierarchy?

Also on a lesser note is there a way to exclude an object in the hierarchy from adding keys?

Regards

Chris

Again, been a long time since I've posted, but I come and read the new threads each day. I like lurking here... :)

I know this question was lasted asked back in 2008 and it is on the wish list, but I'd love to know if there is any update. Specifically I'd like to delete a key from the parent and all the children in the Hierarchy and move a key on the parent and all the children in the Hierarchy?

That is possible since 5.1. Just enable the "hierarchy" mode (icon in the toolbar) in the time line. Then Cheetah3D will also delete the keys of the child objects.

Also on a lesser note is there a way to exclude an object in the hierarchy from adding keys?

Sorry, but that isn't possible at the moment.

Bye,
Martin

Thanks Martin,

Well you had me confused there for a long time. I had the hierarchy mode enabled but it didn't matter what I deleted from the key editor it wouldn't delete any of the child keys, until I clicked on the blue key on the timeline... DUH! Makes perfect sense now. Until today I didn't even know you could click or move those blue marks.. And its great for moving child keys as well... I just noticed that as well..

Regards

Chris

Last edited:
Here you go-

Hierarchy Mode.jpg

Thanks. I've tried it but I can't seem to be able to move keyframes of multiple child objects.

Let's say have a hierarchy with object A which has three children (1,2,3).

When I look in the "Keys" window, with object 1 selected, I see the keys for object 1. When I look at the same window with Object 2 selected, I see the keys for object 2. If I select A, however, I should see the keys of 1, 2 and three.

EDIT:

I was able to move keyframes for multiple object using the timeline at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't work in the "Keys" or "F-Curves" window.

Last edited:
You still need to select the child object to see it's keyframes, which could be different from
the parents of course so it would be confusing trying to display all keyframes from all children.

Adding or deleting keyframes effects all objects below in the hierarchy with this button.

Back