Decorated pig

After following your instructions I do not get your second image but still: 12 0f 12. Can not figure this out...I never get a read out containing the number 46.Mine always says 1 0f 12.

What browser and OS are you running? I know all of the Snow Leopard browser are basically not being supported anymore. Not saying that is the problem, but it is my first thought.

Have you tried clearing History/Cookies/etc.? Maybe even dump the preference file for your browser, or least back it up and so a new one can temporarily be made.

I suspect its this.

1. go to 'User CP' at the top-left
2. click on 'Edit Options' near top-left
3. go to 'Thread Display Options' half-way down
4. Go to 'Number of Posts to Show Per Page'
5. in the dropdown menu, choose 'Show 10 Posts per Page'
6. Click 'Save Changes' at the bottom

Hope that works for you.
--Shift Studio.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 707
I have just the defaults enabled like most others I guess . and it works all the time:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• ForumDefaults.png
    ForumDefaults.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 718
@ Frank. I have mine at 40 so that there are less pages to flip through.
Works fine too. I suspect uncle808 does as well, but forgot.

Mystery solved?

@ Frank. I have mine at 40 so that there are less pages to flip through.
Works fine too. I suspect uncle808 does as well, but forgot.
Let me conclude: if you have enabled 40 posts per page this particular thread is just 12 pages long! If you use the default setting like me it´s 46 page long.
So it´s always better to link to a certain post than to a special page, because of these settings it may differ.

Cheers
Frank

Yes Thanks to all. Mystery solved. Thanks again everyone forgot all about those settings. Don't go there much.:icon_thumbup: :redface:

Another question about materials:
Is there a way to tell Cheetah where you want to Save/Install new materials does it have to be in the library folder. I want to sync to two computers via Bit Torrent sync so I need a shared folder is this possible?
Thanks

Another question about materials:
Is there a way to tell Cheetah where you want to Save/Install new materials does it have to be in the library folder. I want to sync to two computers via Bit Torrent sync so I need a shared folder is this possible?
Thanks

Can't you just sync the '~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/' directories?

By the way — thanks for asking that question :) Resilio Sync looks like a fantastic system for managing backups.

Last edited:
Can't you just sync the '~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/' directories?

By the way — thanks for asking that question :) Resilio Sync looks like a fantastic system for managing backups.

I use it all the time plus no cloud involved or internet. but both Macs must be on to sync I also use it to sync my iPod and iPad. (I stay away from messing with my '~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/' directories? I don't know enough just enough to mess everything up. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.)

Porcelain Pig with Bubbles

Porcelain Pig partying on a black spray painted wood post.
The bubbles aren't quite right, but maybe will give someone else a starting point.

Attachments

• porcelain_pig_with_bubbles.jpg
    porcelain_pig_with_bubbles.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 547
  • porcelain_pig_with_bubbles.jas.zip
    52.7 KB · Views: 448
Brighter bubbles

Brightened the reflection on bubbles.

Attachments

• porcelain_pig_with_brighter_bubbles.jpg
    porcelain_pig_with_brighter_bubbles.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 648
  • porcelain_pig_with_brighter_bubbles.jas.zip
    52.7 KB · Views: 458
Porcelain Party Pig got carried away

Rendered with 7.x Falcon

Bubble material:
I used the directional texture for the spectrum colors and piped into a
State I-N (incidence angle?) mix to control the transparency, index of refraction.
For some reason, setting the emissive helped the appearance, but I'm pretty sure it is not technically accurate.

If anyone has some insight on how to make a more accurate bubble material, I'd be interested. Though I have no idea when I'd use it for a real project.:)

Attachments

• porcelain_party_pig_carried_away_2.jpg
    porcelain_party_pig_carried_away_2.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 620
  • bubble_material_settings.jpg
    bubble_material_settings.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 631
Rendered with 7.x Falcon

Bubble material:
State I-N (incidence angle?) mix to control the transparency, index of refraction.
For some reason, setting the emissive helped the appearance, but I'm pretty sure it is not technically accurate.

If anyone has some insight on how to make a more accurate bubble material, I'd be interested. Though I have no idea when I'd use it for a real project.:)

Nice, I think this material is much a like a diamond material. We'd really need a dispersion effect to be able to fully do it correctly. But I think it looks pretty good the way it is.

Rendered with 7.x Falcon

Bubble material:

I like your version of bubble material. I like the color effect the directional node creates.:icon_thumbup:

Here are two posts from others on the forum who were interested in creating bubble material.

http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7849&highlight=Bubbles#top

http://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6581&highlight=Bubbles#top

:D Thanks for posting your version of bubbles.

My Best
Jeanny

Rendered with 7.x Falcon

Bubble material:

Hi, good work so far!

For the weak spectral colors I would just use a noise with a chromatic gradient, mixed with 95% white.
You need to tweak the noise scale according to your bubble diameter.
The bubbles need some thickness (shell modifier).

screenshot.png

image.jpg

For the weak spectral colors I would just use a noise with a chromatic gradient, mixed with 95% white.
You need to tweak the noise scale according to your bubble diameter.
The bubbles need some thickness (shell modifier).

misoversaturated, that's great. Thanks.
I do like the random nature of the spectral colors using your technique.

Jeanny, thanks for this link. Frank mentions the same thing as misoversaturated about adding some thickness to the bubble wall.
Looking back, thats the same effect I was attempting by using the State I-N to set the Index of Refraction and Transparency.

Looking back, thats the same effect I was attempting by using the State I-N to set the Index of Refraction and Transparency.

That will look realistic only with a negative refraction (<1.0) which cannot be chosen as a node parameter.
But you can make the bubble object editable and flip normals (turn inside out).
Then you use the state i-n with a small power function exponent (for thin film thickness) and use a multilyadd node so that the refraction index is 1.0 over the middle and increases towards the edge.
Also you cannot use the dielectric material because it won't show realistic reflections;
use the default material and a transparency <100% with full reflection and fresnel.

screenshot.png

image.jpg

misoversaturated, where did you get your knowledge of the nodes? (really meaning, how the heck do I get that knowledge? :smile: )

Back