Decorated pig

Just playing around, don't know what I'm doing but it's fun.

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 423
  • ColorCraze01.zip
    42.8 KB · Views: 397
  • ColorCraze02t.zip
    50.1 KB · Views: 403
  • 03a.png
    03a.png
    400.3 KB · Views: 413
Looks delicious!! The catch for me is that the download has the material and includes 2 nodes that refer to an image (chocolate_ texture.png) that is not included - that image is connected to the roughness and the bumpmap.
However, I did some testing with various images I have in my texture library and I found that adding different HDRI lights and sampling the texture settings produced delicious, satiny-looking variations.
== Cheetah Render ; entrance hall HDRI ; black_and_white_fabric_01_height.png
== NOTE: the chocolate is created using an IsoSurface creator, thus the material properties render a bit differently than normal objects.
== the texture I used as the image node is black_and_white_fabric_01_height.png from the 50 PBR textures, royalty free
in the post by joel ruiz c https://www.cheetah3d.com/forum/index.php?threads/13462/post-117720

image.png

chocolateUmbrellaGold.jpg
textureDMapGray3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks delicious!! The catch for me is that the download has the material and includes 2 nodes that refer to an image (chocolate_ texture.png) that is not included - that image is connected to the roughness and the bumpmap.

@jimAult, looks good!
I've now attached the missing texture file in my post above. It's a simple 'cloud' texture created in Photoshop. As you figured out, the texture is just to break up the surface. Of course, melted chocolate will be smooth.

Animated Midas Pig.

A single Material that uses a time-driven mask.

MidasPig_2.jpg

The animated texture is currently built to run over a length of 5 seconds.
MidasPig_0.jpgMidasPig_1.jpgMidasPig_2.jpgMidasPig_3.jpgMidasPig_4.jpg

(I tried to upload both an animated gif and a mov file, but couldn't get the forum to take them. YouTube link )

Update: I figured out how to embed YouTube videos:

MidasPicMat.jpg

This Material uses the Fractal Texture. I have created two other videos using the Turbulence Texture, and the Voronoi Texture.

Attachments

• MidasPig.c3dmat.zip
    267.3 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Animated Midas Pig.

A single Material that uses a time-driven mask.

View attachment 36380
The animated texture is currently built to run over a length of 5 seconds.
View attachment 36381View attachment 36382View attachment 36380View attachment 36383View attachment 36384

(I tried to upload both an animated gif and a mov file, but couldn't get the forum to take them. YouTube link )

View attachment 36386

This Material uses the Fractal Texture. I have created two other videos using the Turbulence Texture, and the Voronoi Texture.

Thank you for posting the shader tree . Its fun to learn from it ! ^^

Thanks. For the past few weeks, I've been making a deep dive into explaining how I work with Materials in this thread. I haven't gotten to animation yet, but my next topic is about how to use certain nodes for live feedback while you're working in the Material Editor.

There has been a Ghost Pig before, but this is a dramatically different technique, using the State Node's I-N value (which is based upon how directly a Normal from the surface strikes the camera lens).
Ghost Pig.jpg

Attachments

• Soft Edges.c3dmat.zip
    159.9 KB · Views: 293
Back