Decorated pig

:D ZooHead
I really appreciate your advise about the lighting and your jas file.
The visual really helps me see just how it was done.

Good advise to push our limits to learn more.

Speaking of pushing our limits - when I look at your "Pigs in Space" I think: Wouldn't that be cool if one made the title "Pigs in Space" out of compacted little stars - then used a particle emitter on the title to scatter the stars into space and used some kind of animated lighting to make the stars twinkle.

Oops. . .
Looking forward to seeing the flying pigs
I was just injecting a little humor. What I was doing was using the the saying:
“When pigs fly” that people use for “It will never happen”: meaning it looks like I’ll never post a finished project -
However now it looks like pigs can fly (your recent post "Pigs in Space") therefore:
if pigs can fly I guess anything is possible - even me posting a finished project.

My Best Regards
Jeanny

Flying Pigs

:D ZooHead

Oops. . .
I was just injecting a little humor. What I was doing was using the the saying:
“When pigs fly” that people use for “It will never happen”: meaning it looks like I’ll never post a finished project -
However now it looks like pigs can fly (your recent post "Pigs in Space") therefore:
if pigs can fly I guess anything is possible - even me posting a finished project.

My Best Regards
Jeanny
You know I realized that after hitting send. All I saw was flying pigs. That's what happens when I spend
two hours looking through this thread, I've got pigs on the brain.

Keep trying, and try to simplify. My imagination often get me in trouble. I get to ambitious some times.
You'll get it. Remember we're all friends here and together we can all learn and improve.

Custom Toon Pig

I had to try the toon material again. I changed the gradient and color.
Kind of a "Posterized" effect.

Attachments

• Custom Pig Toon.jpg
    Custom Pig Toon.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 995
  • Custom Pig Toon.jas.zip
    43.1 KB · Views: 499
Tipp für das folgende Material

Hallo,

ich versuche verzweifelt das Material für diese Säule zu zaubern - allerdings ohne Erfolg. Kann mir jemand helfen?

Viele Grüße

Attachments

• Materialfrage.png
    Materialfrage.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 808
Würde ich auch einmal sagen. Ich habe es mit Texturen versucht, allerdings sind die im unteren Teil nicht mehr detailliert zu sehen. Materialzuweisungen klappen jedoch gut. Ich habe nur nicht das richtige Material und bin noch zu grün hinter den Ohren, um es zu erstellen. Leider finde ich irgendwie auch kein Tutorial dazu.

My little effort, it's a bit like Andreu's excellent Antimatter, but a different and simpler construction… I'd been playing around trying to get a water ripple effect. Thought it deserved an outing here, C3D mat attached.

It's all the same material btw, scaled x6 in the shading space for the pig.

Enjoy, Pat

Attachments

• Pig Present.jpg
    Pig Present.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 934
  • Ripples.c3dmat.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 532
Any tutorials anywhere

good start novy !

none of us understood this thing when it was released one year ago but everyone (except the beta-testers that also new node based texturing from other apps) learned about it by playing around on this thread.

- archie
Does anyone know of any node tutorials anywhere-frustrating. Good node work y'all.

Thank you, I like the first one a lot.

Thanks Greg for the encouragement. Here then are a few more samples. I think I'm getting the hang of cheetah materials now. The graded sky was tricky! I tried about six times before I figured it out. If you want it to look 3d, simply take the colour away from emissive and put it into diffuse. The number at the start alters the cloud cover amount. Plug time into this for a fun effect ;-)

I hope you enjoy the christmas wrapped piggy to go with the season. Perhaps a golf ball for Dad for christmas?

As well as these four there are 2 more materials in the file for fun, shinymetalsquares and chromeglass (actually this one is nice). No pictures of these two.

OK enough - better get back to real life.

Chris
(ps as usual no textures in the materials)

Thank you, I like the first one a lot.

Back