Decorated pig

Just looking at your nodes, Archie, um . . . where do the color lights come from? Everything looks black and white. So what's the trick dude? :wink:

hey terry,

i used three times the same turbulence, except each with a slightly different time value, for red, green and blue.
the node preview is too small to show the color shift.

:wink:

Last edited:
Great stuff guys! Some cool looking porkers there! :)

Here is another one from me - sort of looks like gold leaf if scaled correctly (see pictures) and then starts to look like some sort of ornate metalwork as the scale is increased.

P.S. Would attach my earlier material files but have only just upgraded so wasn't able to save until now.

Attachments

• gleaf01.jpg
    gleaf01.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 2,139
  • Gold leaf.c3dmat.zip
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,128
Wow! Thanks for clearing that up, Archie. Amazing. I think we're finally starting to pull some materials together here. Mandlebrot invented fractals (Google) and Cheetah has a fractal based material system. I'm not saying we could create this, but fractals can make everything in the universe, so to speak. And I think we have had a few good ones so far. Great work guys! :)

Attachments

• mandelbrot-automatic-art.jpg
    mandelbrot-automatic-art.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 2,127
Great stuff guys! Some cool looking porkers there! :)

Here is another one from me - sort of looks like gold leaf if scaled correctly (see pictures) and then starts to look like some sort of ornate metalwork as the scale is increased.

P.S. Would attach my earlier material files but have only just upgraded so wasn't able to save until now.

this is VERY nice, i'm gonna use it for sure... thanks for sharing!

cheers,
A

meshman,

that's a very interesting shader.
though i have no idea how you (and myself too) come up with these things,
plugging spaghetti in unexpected sockets is definitely great fun !
hope more peeps will join,

- archie

join in please !

ok, here's my little contribution... my (architectural) nature push me towards photorealism more than cartoony, although i love some of your "alien" materials folks :smile: - and I found a lot easier to achieve PR with image based materials...

Terracotta: you can go from image1 to image2 by link/unlink [gradient/color] to [mix/mix] in the Diffuse chain... (we had to have our PiggyBank... no?:tongue: )
once again started from Luke's Stucco...

Cheers,
Alessandro

Attachments

• Terracotta1.jpg
    Terracotta1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,885
  • Terracotta2.jpg
    Terracotta2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,882
  • Terracotta.c3dmat.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 809
ok, here's my little contribution... my (architectural) nature push me towards photorealism more than cartoony, although i love some of your "alien" materials folks :smile: - and I found a lot easier to achieve PR with image based materials...

nice one alessandro !

i think it must be possible to add some cracks though... :smile:

cheers,
- archie

Great stuff guys! Here are a few more fun ones from me. Big Cat, Groovy Spot, Pictish (I'm quite chuffed with this one!), and Wiremesh. (You probably need to tweak the texture scale to match the images below)

Attachments

• BigCat.jpg
    BigCat.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,897
  • Groovy Spot.jpg
    Groovy Spot.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,912
  • Pictish.jpg
    Pictish.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,913
  • WireMesh.jpg
    WireMesh.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,885
  • C3Dmats.zip
    50.4 KB · Views: 913
The animation is too big to post, Archie. It's just a laughing head.

hey terry,

there's always use for a laughing head ! :smile:
if you would join dropbox you could share big files with everyone, publicly or privately, also here on the forum like with big pics or animations.

Great stuff guys! Here are a few more fun ones from me. Big Cat, Groovy Spot, Pictish (I'm quite chuffed with this one!), and Wiremesh. (You probably need to tweak the texture scale to match the images below)

hey meshman,

the pictish thingy is defnatly the most awesome ever !

hey alessandro,

your terracotta is well done with the blending of bumpy and handmade surface texture.
of course i had a go too but mine totally cracked ! :smile:

View attachment terracotta1.c3dmat.zip, View attachment terracotta2.c3dmat.zip

image8.pngimage9.png

hey alessandro,

your terracotta is well done with the blending of bumpy and handmade surface texture.
of course i had a go too but mine totally cracked ! :smile:

...so you smashed my PiggyBank! :evil: :evil: :evil:
i made my terracotta after an amphora i have seen and wanted to recreate that "non-perfect-hand-made feel" but i like your version and i think i'm gonna use it as a good start for another shader i have in mind...:rolleyes:

cheers,
A

Back