Decorated pig

i am searching for a material that could render a good nebula based on this paper:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...qMnrCQ&usg=AFQjCNHtANzoD6BEBC_CafDOFGAZgzZ-lQ

5e569ec92595b13f8f799fbe4d1fbc61.png

anyone of you pic decorators up for the job? thanks in advance :)

that's the background, and it works well, i use his solution.

the new thing i am asking for is this shader depicted above, it features transparency, noise, additive lighting and shading/glow based on "per-voxel emissivity" on a real 3d object (a distorted plane), not just a sphere. if somebody could put that in a cheetah node material, i would be really happy.

Reply to thread

I wonder if the addition of something similar to blending modes would provide a solution for this in some future Cheetah version.

I wonder if the addition of something similar to blending modes would provide a solution for this in some future Cheetah version.

Talk of blending modes reminds me of powerful rendering in Maya where you can output a layered PSD with all your different renderpasses on seperate layers with blend modes already applied to the photoshop layers. Takes a bit to figure out but its bliss to get it sussed and work with such images.

~AaronC

Just node-doodling...

Someday I'll understand :tongue:

Cheers,
Filip

Attachments

• volcano.png
    volcano.png
    387.5 KB · Views: 1,095
  • volcano.zip
    64.1 KB · Views: 799
Hi Hi,

Another experiment...
I made some UV-based plant-leaf-veins-material (maybe this alteady exist)...

I hope you guys like it ;)

Cheers,
Filip

Attachments

• piggyplant.zip
    95.3 KB · Views: 614
  • piggyflower.png
    piggyflower.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 1,015
Last edited:
... and another one :wink:

Cheers,
Filip

Attachments

• tiger.png
    tiger.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 1,126
  • tiger.zip
    423.4 KB · Views: 743
the Tiger looks awesome filip!

wow, it is a complex node tree...! and if you add a standard Noise with scale 1000;1000;1000 to the bump channel...

Attachments

• furryTiger.jpg
    furryTiger.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,142
Back