... and another simple one.

Attachments

• Sand.jpg
    Sand.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,474
  • Sand-TT.c3dmat.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 659
Cyborg Pig

What an awesome idea! Texturing has always been my favorite part of making a model! Anyway here is my go... Introducing Cyborg Pig! Thanks again for such an awesome idea ;)!

Attachments

• CyborgPig.jpg
    CyborgPig.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 2,186
Ok this is probably a ridiculous question but I am a complete novice - how do I go about importing these materials? I had a quick look around and also tried a few things but no luck

Thanks!

Ok this is probably a ridiculous question but I am a complete novice - how do I go about importing these materials? I had a quick look around and also tried a few things but no luck

Thanks!

copy the .c3dmat file(s) to ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/Materials
you can organize in sub-folders as you like but you have to restart C3D in order to see the new added material(s) in Cheetah...

maybe Martin could add an "import material" option in the material tab in the future...?

cheers,
A

you have to restart C3D in order to see the new added material(s) in Cheetah...

maybe Martin could add an "import material" option in the material tab in the future...?

cheers,
A

Mine show up if I just open a new file Alessandro. I don't have to restart C3D.
Give it a try.
Erin

To be honest I´d prefer a simple "xyz-material.jas" file - just because you can evaluate it and save if you want to pretty easy - instead of digging through the system hierarchy. I miss "delete mat from library" option more badly. ;)

Cheers
Frank

To be honest I´d prefer a simple "xyz-material.jas" file - just because you can evaluate it and save if you want to pretty easy - instead of digging through the system hierarchy. I miss "delete mat from library" option more badly. ;)

Cheers
Frank

that's the good-old-4.x-times trick, no? a "delete mat" option could be a nice add-on too :icon_thumbup:

cheers,
Alessandro

what if a double-click on xyz.c3dmat could open a new empty project in C3D with the new shader in the material tag... ready to be saved in the library?

i agree with frank, we better had provided the textures in here as jas files.
so now for adding one to an open project you have to download the c3dmat and put it into the aforementioned library folder, then open a new project where you can load it, then copy paste into your first one.

my c3dmat collection can be downloaded here btw.

- archie

Why not simply save to .jas instead? :redface:

Cheers
Frank

I see your point, Frank. I'm just wondering why a .c3dmat file (with a nice c3d icon) cannot be opened with Cheetah3D.app... directly

side note: for those who *really* speak english... should I have said "cannot be open" or "cannot be opened?") just curious...:rolleyes:

cheers,
A

I see your point, Frank. I'm just wondering why a .c3dmat file (with a nice c3d icon) cannot be opened with Cheetah3D.app... directly

side note: for those who *really* speak english... should I have said "cannot be open" or "cannot be opened?") just curious...:rolleyes:

cheers,
A

Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's as this.....
If you're referring to an action (which I believe you are-as in 'you can't open the file', then using 'opened' is correct. If you want to refer to the 'state' of the door, as in 'it's open, closed or ajar' then you would use open. Don't even ask me why you need to use 'closed' in this case though. The english language is ridiculous really. I'm always amazed at how well some people pick it up as a second language.
Erin

If you're referring to an action (which I believe you are-as in 'you can't open the file', then using 'opened' is correct. If you want to refer to the 'state' of the door, as in 'it's open, closed or ajar' then you would use open. Don't even ask me why you need to use 'closed' in this case though. The english language is ridiculous really. I'm always amazed at how well some people pick it up as a second language.
Erin

*don't get close closed closet doors!*

- archie

Erin

And don't let me even get started on shut.

Back