script for Explosion effect

Hi

this script doesn't change original mesh since it doesn't work like a Creator object. so you have to manually turn off manually 'visible in editor' and 'visible in renderer' of mode tag.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hello all,
This looks like it could be a great script but i am running into a problem on the latest version of cheetah 4.6.
I add the explosion set up the params hit update. add my polygon, a sphere in this case. I then get a javascript error

Line: 149
Wrong elemet in uv array

Then nothing happens. It could be with the new update not sure.

Thanks

hi, thanks for trying this script.

in 4.6, polycore.uvCoord() returns a value as Vec4D object, but polycore.addIndexPolygon() accept only Vec2D value (in older version, uvCoord() used to return). so that error occurs with 4.6.

please edit the script file manually,

Code:
//delete this Line 149.
     core.addIndexPolygon(basePolySize, IndexPolygon, UVs);

//and add these lines after deleted line.
     var uv_list = new Array;
     var uv_len = UVs.length;
     for (var i_uv = 0;i_uv < uv_len;i_uv++) {
         uv_list[i_uv] = new Vec2D(UVs[i_uv].u, UVs[i_uv].v);
     }
     core.addIndexPolygon(basePolySize, IndexPolygon, uv_list);

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Excellent that works great, very nice script.
It also looks like the hair script has a problem on line 242 same uv problem

Ah, it is same problem. thanks for letting know it.

I will post at Hair.js thread about it. actually, some of my polygon scripts have same problem. :(

btw, hair.js that you use may be older version ( I guess that error line number, or you customize it? ), please check newer one. :)

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Last edited:
I seem to be having somewhat of the same problem Gray Scale had with having the orginal text not explode. But mine is more of a texture issue, I put some texture on each letter and when I hide it, it is just gray. Little help here figuring this one out. Here is a screen grab
Picture1-1.png

Picture%201.png
Picture%201.png

hi, thank you for checking this script.

I updated the script for keeping polygon selection of base object (exploded object). please download newer version.

http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=31

and I saw your screen shot, I think, you have to assign those materials to Explosion object with same polysel number as base object, and hide base object with turn off visible settings at mode tag. please check attached sample file.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Attachments

• explosion_test.jas.zip
    7 KB · Views: 706
Thanks for the update your scripts are very handy and very good.

I almost get it, can you select the polygons of the explosion object and assign them that way. or is it something else thanks for the example, I'm so close.

A Beginner's Question

Hi, I am a beginner with Cheetah and I just discovered the explosion script. It looks fantastic, but I can't manage to explode even a simple box object. Should I use the key recording or is there a different way to make a scripted animation? Any help will be highly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Krassimir

Activate "P" at the the timeline for "key all Parameters" and make a double click at frame N°0, scroll to another "point" in the timeline and make adjustments in the scripts properties - click update - when satisfied - record another keyframe. Hit play.

Cheers
Frank

Hi,

I was looking for ways to explode objects and export them with the exploding animation, I've just used Explode.js for the first time to destroy a sentry gun and it works great, but when I export it, the Take of the explosion don't play, I've tried baking the simulation through the Dynamics property panel but it still don't play when exported, is there something I'm missing or can it not be exported?

Thanks.

hi

I am not sure which format and apps you want to use, polygon script's animation is not exported for other file format ( fbx, collada, etc. )

[EDIT]
or MDD Exporter.js is workable for animation of polygon script's object. if your project can import MDD file format, please try it.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Last edited:
Hi Hiroto.
Do you have something like this but actually splits an object into all of its polygons? In other words, I have an object made up of 320 polygons, and I'd like to recreate it as 320 separate objects of 1 poly each. I don't need to animate it in Cheetah (so I realize it's very different in that regard).
Thanks for considering
-Chris G
script for Explosion effect

tg_jp

Hi Hiroto.
Do you have something like this but actually splits an object into all of its polygons? In other words, I have an object made up of 320 polygons, and I'd like to recreate it as 320 separate objects of 1 poly each. I don't need to animate it in Cheetah (so I realize it's very different in that regard).
Thanks for considering
-Chris G

I sure would love something like this. It would take me 10 times as long to hack your script then it would take for you could put it together, probably.

I sure would love something like this. It would take me 10 times as long to hack your script then it would take for you could put it together, probably.

A fine workaround for this (in case anyone wants to separate out [split] all polygons in an object) is to save as STL from Cheetah, import the STL into Blender (v2.8 - method/terminology is different from previous versions), select the object in Edit Mode, Select Mesh in the upper left, do Mesh>Separate>By Loose Parts and export that as OBJ, FBX or DAE (not STL) and bring that into C3D. It's nice to have Blender to fall back on in a pinch.

[Addendum]

It turns out that if you do what I suggest, but you want each newly separated poly to have its pivot point at its own local center, you can select everything in Blender, go into Object mode and do Object>Set Origin>Center of Mass (Surface), and then you must export as DAE. When you bring that into Cheetah, the pivot points are respected. Pretty cool! (in lieu of a nice automated C3D solution)

Last edited:
Back