script for Explosion effect

script for Explosion effect

Explosion effect script, required version 2.6.1

you can explode each polygon of polygon object, and animate it.

download:
http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=6

download link for updated version (uv error fixed on v.4.6.1):(2008-08-01)
http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=31

sample movie (H.264 855kb):
http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/resources/ch_20060202_expTorus.mov

another sample (H.264 916kb);
http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/resources/ch_20060201_expl_s.mov

tg_jp

Last edited:

Attachments

• ch_20060323_explosion3.jpg
    ch_20060323_explosion3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 3,754
thanks for comments.

> hi, Todd.
Cheetah3D has very powerful script future. you can make your own scene like Tornadoes or Fireowork ( as François wrote :) ) with script, you can control each polygon by script as you want.

here is a jas file (without HDRI image) for logo explosion scene. you can change text spline or other value. please try it.

it needs Explosion.js script file in ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/scripts/Polygonobj/ for 3.1 user, or /Application/Cheetah3D/scripts/Polygonobj for 2.6.1 user.

tg_jp

Attachments

• charExplosion.jas.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 1,189
Last edited:
i dont know if im doing something wrong but i did a try out of this, its 3 seconds long with small camera movement and so for its been rendering for 14 hours!!! on the camera its at 1x and ox for the second so just why it it taking so long?

Could you give some more information? What kind of materials, how many lights, what kind of light, rendering resolution, radiosity settings etc.?
We'll be able to help you out!!

Regards,

Peter

Hi, vegeto9092

thanks for trying to use this script.

How many polygon is there in your scene? Many polygons of object that you exploded, needs more rendering time, for calculation of each polygon's position and rotation.

please try to reduce polygon count of exploded object ( actually depends on machine speeds ). for example, the exploded 'Cheetah3D' has 1813 polygons.

or, How long only single frame of your scene? 9 minutes?

regards.

tg_jp

Last edited:
here is the file im working on please take a look and see why its taking so long its still rendering so far its took about 2 or 3 hours to render ONE frame

Attachments

• happy pro explosion.zip
    8.1 KB · Views: 842
Hi,

I checked your file.
your scene file has 34,591 polygons with reflective material, HDRI and radiosity ( ambient occlusion ) tag. you can check polygon count with select menu Tools -> Object Info / Scene Info or click 'i' icon at Toolbar.

if you need rush movie for just checking, please try these step to reduce rendering time.

to reduce polygon count. ( to reduce calculation time of script. )
* changing approximaiton angle of Text spline object. ( more than 10.0. )
* changing sections of Extrude object. ( less than 5. )

to reduce rendering time.
* turn off some tags (HDRI, Radiosity. )
* turn off reflection at menu Render -> Render Prefereces.
* reduce rendering size. ( 640 * 480 -> 320 * 240. )
* reduce frame rate ( less than 30. )

after your checking rush movie, you change some values back for getting good quality.
movie rendering needs more time than still rendering.

regards.

tg_jp

When you explode a ball, for instance, all the peices move outward the same distance and the same rotation, which is pretty annoying. I did find somewhat of a workaround by triangulating it, but a randomizer would be nice. Hope this makes sense.

hi,

I will add random movements for each polygons for next update. but I think, this has random rotations already. doesn't it work? please try to use rotation min:360 - rotation max: 1440.

and, about random division is cost a lot for speed and difficult to implement for me. :(

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

I can get the 'explosion' to work properly, but for some reason the original object stays in place. The attached image should explain all. I have also attached a zip of the jas file.

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Attachments

• explode.jpg
    explode.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 742
  • explode.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 725
Back