Cheetah 4.7 and 3dconnexion space navigator

I'm on OS X 10.15.1 and the latest Connexion drivers. I've tried the previous Cheetah3d, the current one, and the 7.5.b1 with no luck. I thought I'd read something about uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and/or Cheetah3d to get it to work, but I haven't had any luck so far. This is pretty frustrating and eating into my workflow, so I'll keep working at it and let you guys know if I find anything.
So... The machine that works (mostly) is running cheetah3d 7.3.3 on OS X 10.15.6. The panning works (right, left, up, down) and I can zoom in and out pretty consistently. (pushing the controller in different directions) This tends to start failing after Cheetah 3d has been open for a while. (Not blaming any Cheetah 3d code on this, just observing circumstances). When it does fail, it requires a restart of the machine to bring it back. To get this to work I had to play with installing and uninstalling the 3d Connexion drivers a couple of times. Unfortunately I don't have exact steps and I'm afraid it will break if I start over.

The oddity is how it rotates around the object. (twisting the controller). This works sometimes, but I haven't been able to find any rhyme or reason for it.

Latest . . . just purchased Mac mini M1 . . . Cheetah works just fine . . . after all the doom of the SpaceMouse not working in Mojave and then OK in Catalina . . . it has now stopped working in Big Sur . . . works fine in all other Apps, Fusion 360, Unity, Blender with Big Sur . . . but not Cheetah . . . real shame . . . can only hope it comes back . . . in a BS update.

Just upgraded to cheetah 7.5.1 (on Big Sur) and it seems to have severed my connection to the space mouse joystick entirely. (activating keyboard shortcuts from the space mouse buttons do work.)

Heads Up,

3DConnexion working in Cheetah3D 7.5.1 following macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 upgrade (via Patched Sur v0.2.1 on Mid 2012 MacBook Pro Retina);
3DxWare 10
3DxMacCore v1.1.6
3DxWare v10.6.7
SpaceMouse Wireless Firmware v4.3.8

Heads Up,

3DConnexion working in Cheetah3D 7.5.1 following macOS Big Sur 11.3.1 upgrade (via Patched Sur v0.2.1 on Mid 2012 MacBook Pro Retina);
3DxWare 10
3DxMacCore v1.1.6
3DxWare v10.6.7
SpaceMouse Wireless Firmware v4.3.8
You had me feeling hopeful for a few minutes. Still no joy here. My SpaceMouse firmware is 4.36 otherwise it's the same setup on my iMac Pro. Nothing works in Cheetah.

Just updated to 3DxWare v10.7 & it still works with C3D as long as I click inside the viewport first. It currently works out of the box without a need to configure it specifically for C3D (previous years I had to configure settings with C3D selected but apparently it's not necessary currently). Edit: 3DConnexion (for Intel Macs with Big Sur)
FYI: I ran the uninstaller first from within my 3DConnexion App folder prior to reinstall of this newer version. I've also noticed a lot of users in their forums complaining about compatibility between their version of the installers for their devices and the developer responds a lot about making sure your version of their driver is the correct match for the device and macOS. Perhaps that's why I've lucked out thus far, because my macOS-3DxWare-SpaceMouseWireless-Firmware & 3DxMacCore versions all communicate properly despite utilizing its default config file (attached below for reference).
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 10.20.39 PM.png

Attachments

• 3Dconnexion Config.3dc.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Back