Insect Challenge

Insect Challenge

Hello, again all. We've had a few challenge winners appear on www.cgvertx.com, but we haven't had a new CGVertX challenge for some time now. Per Andreu's request, this next challenge will be modeling an insect. Below are the rules.

RULES:

- All modeling and rendering must be done in Cheetah3D.
- Texture work can be your own or something you own.
- Post-editing is OK, but should not be so the main reason the work submitted is stellar (remember, Cheetah3D's capabilities and your talents are the focus).
- Can be animated or still.
- Expected project time: 2 weeks.
- Insect can be realistic, cartoon, or something completely alien

As always, the winning entry will appear on www.cgvertx.com, along with credit to the winner. If you're feeling really generous, feel free to post the .jas file or .obj and .mtl, as well. Have fun!

No entries this time? I'll have to post my own, I suppose. Please don't make me do that...it won't be pretty. :)

Well, not only by default, but by a great effort, you have one this challenge, Uncle. Thanks for putting something awesome out there. It may have been a quick one, but it's a cool model, nonetheless. Credit to you and your image are posted on the front page of www.cgvertx.com! Congratulations!

Well, not only by default, but by a great effort, you have one this challenge, Uncle. Thanks for putting something awesome out there. It may have been a quick one, but it's a cool model, nonetheless. Credit to you and your image are posted on the front page of www.cgvertx.com! Congratulations!

Well Thank you very much. I guess if I'm the only entry I can win something. :p

Yeah, sorry I couldn't enter this time, I've been kind of busy with school starting and my own projects... :)

Congrats to uncle808us, though. ;)

My Insect

Here is a bee I animated...
bee.jpg
:smile:

Back