Time to water the garden again

Time to water the garden again

A recent job which was quite enjoyable to do for a property developer. I thought I would add a bit of colour by way of a garden hose.

No it's not in the final picture, but I like this version.

Regards

Luke

PS: trees by xfrog, definitely worth investing in.

Attachments

• pain.jpg
    pain.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 748
That´s awesome, congrats :), the only thing that I feel a little off is the backgorund trees (I guess is a picture) are a little blurry, but despite of that is an excelent job.

Cheers

Dear jc4d

Point taken and thanks.

Funny thing is, is that it is a picture background and that is the blur on the trees, which might mean that Cheetah is sharper :)

So it could well do with a little bit of feathering in PS to blur that whole section to match

Regards

Luke

A recent job which was quite enjoyable to do for a property developer. I thought I would add a bit of colour by way of a garden hose.

No it's not in the final picture, but I like this version.

Regards

Luke

PS: trees by xfrog, definitely worth investing in.

Luke the hose looks odd...
The hose & nozzle looks good in the foreground but as it recedes to the mid-background it seems to stay too much the same size (up near to the house it looks like a fire hose) it give the image a sort of odd forced perspective look. If this is what you were going for ok, otherwise it is a little disconcerting.

Luke the hose looks odd...
The hose & nozzle looks good in the foreground but as it recedes to the mid-background it seems to stay too much the same size (up near to the house it looks like a fire hose) it give the image a sort of odd forced perspective look. If this is what you were going for ok, otherwise it is a little disconcerting.

Thanks for the comment, but if you look at the plan and scale, i think you'll agree it's pretty much right.

Regards

Luke

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 682
Last edited:
Great render, Luke.

I only noticed that the light from the sun seems to come from two different directions, as if you had two light sources.

Thanks for the comment, but if you look at the plan and scale, i think you'll agree it's pretty much right.

Regards

Luke

I do agree, it IS right, but that perception is still strong (for me anyhow), the hose looks like a normal 3/4" in the foreground but back where it makes the s bends next to the pergola it looks like it's 2".
:confused:

Hi Luke.
I feel with WmH. In the foreground the hose is maybe thick as thumb, but in the background it looks arm thick.
But you can simply adjust this within the properties of the Sweep Creator (For some reason it looks like you were using the Chain Creator:rolleyes: ) with its scaling. If it decreases on the wrong direction reverse the order of the path spline.
I´m pretty sure you will be surprised by the affect in a new rendering.

With kindest regards
Frank

Last edited:
That´s a good advice (about the hoose)... I figured that sometimes the "reality" can be tweaked a little for composition purposes. :wink:

Cheers

Hi Luke.
I feel with WmH. In the foreground the hose is maybe thick as thumb, but in the background it looks arm thick.
But you can simply adjust this within the properties of the Sweep Creator (For some reason it looks like you were using the Chain Creator:rolleyes: ) with its scaling. If it decreases on the wrong direction reverse the order of the path spline.
I´m pretty sure you will be surprised by the affect in a new rendering.

With kindest regards
Frank

Thanks Frank

I'll try again when I have a mo. but I wonder why I should remodel something that is right because it does not lot right when it is ?

regards

Luke

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 413
This reminds me of a factoid I heard once. Apparently, some of the ancient Greek monuments where built to slightly irregular scales to make them look "right."

Yes werent the Statues oversized at the top to overcome foreshortening?

Nice work Luke. Hows Unity going for you?

AaronC

Back