a little help please

a little help please

hey just trying to animate arm at the moment i followed the tutorial video in abouut section exactly but for some reason i keep having same problem
picture1lq0.png

i dont know how to explain this but basically when i try and move 3rd finger it moves fine on own when i move second the 2nd and 3rd one move, when i move 1st 2nd and 3rd move , when i move thumb all fingers moved too i already used the vertex weight tool to manipulate wat the joints effect but nothing seems to work wat am i doing wrong?
picture2qq2.png

Last edited:
Do you have a scene file to share so that we can have a look ?
Reading your question it's impossible to tell you what's going on. :redface:

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

P.S. : and i think you posted in the wrong section, as your question isn't a tutorial...

OK, i've had a look at your file and it wasn't a big thingh, but the kind of thing that would have taken forever to find if you didn't send the file ! :redface:

So thank you for just doing that. :)

In fact, when you've added your bones, you've done that "linear", so they all were parented to each other, resulting in the behavior you were seeing.
To correct this, i have just attached each finger bone to the wrist bone and it works as it should. :cool:

I have upoladed the corrected scene file for you to see what's the difference with your original scene. :)

I hope it will help going further with your investigations in Cheetah ! :icon_thumbup:

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

Attachments

• sams_cheetah_3d_hand_correct.zip
    23 KB · Views: 587
Back