1st Cheetah3D-Contest

peer said:
if I knew there was a contest coming up, I wouldn't have a nine month old son right now

If I would have known that I would have announced the contest 18 months ago. :wink:

Haha!! No but really, I would like to put more energy in this contest, but somethings are more important than 3d contest :lol: . Ok, back to the topic then!

Regards,

Peter

peer said:
Randy, if I knew there was a contest coming up, I wouldn't have a nine month old son right now :wink: Anyway it's nice to know that you think I'm any competition for you.

Heh, you're much better than Cheetah3D than I am. Clearly, you're "competition". =)

At this rate, I'm far too happy with my concept to simply give it up, though. Unfortunately, it's going to be severely hampered by the little time I have left to complete it (it took three hours to get it maybe 20% complete), but also by a few of the features that Martin has yet to add to Cheetah.

The biggest of these is that there is no way to create a material to look like an actual carpet: you can make velvet, which is very useful, but there's no way to give the material the depth I want it to have to look realistic. Which is very sad, because I have no end of use for such a shader. =(

Ah, well. I'll finish this image as quickly as I can, and if I miss the deadline for the competition, I'll post it anyway. Even if I don't end up entering an image, this contest has at least started me modelling again. =)

Haha!! No but really, I would like to put more energy in this contest, but somethings are more important than 3d contes

Dude, nothing is more important than winning an iPod Nano ;)

Hi,
today is the last day to send in your entries. So don't forget it. :wink:

And plese consider that even if your entry isn't totally finished yet. It's worth a try.

By,
Martin

My entry isn't anywhere *near* ready. Goddamnit. =(

On the other hand, I'll finish it for fun when I have time, and post it here. Ah, well. =)

It would be really great if there was another contest. I had just started checking the forums when it was already over and i would like to enter in one.

thanks

John

Back