4th Cheetah3D-Contest

Rendering in Cheetah mandatory??

Hi Martin!

Is it mandatory to do the rendering in Cheeetah3d, as my "hero",
which I use in Unity, gets some additional attributes in the game-
engine...so I would prefer to send a realtime rendering in unity..
To recreate this in Cheetah would take some time.
Does this break the rules of the contest and are you strict about this?

Kind regards :smile:

Jens

Adding subdivision steps gives you nice and smooth surface but no small details.
Not true for ZBrush and Silo btw.

If you guys have time check out characters created for Unreal Tournament 2007. High-poly mesh contains over 2 million polygons and it isnt just a subdivided lowpoly model./QUOTE]
Yes and 2 millions of them are just for baking in a normal map to be lit by a game engine.

@Jens.
I think this is a Cheetah3d Contest not a Unity one.;)

With kindest regards
Frank

Well, I think this is gonna be real fun and I can't wait to see what the gamers on this forum are going to come up with.

I'm no games modeller, but I've had a crack and here's a little teaser of where I'm going...

Regards

Luke

Attachments

• teaser.jpg
    teaser.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 768
Confused about use of other apps

1. The model and the rendered image must have been created with Cheetah3D.
2. The image consist only of Entrant’s own original work.
3. If others apps than Cheetah3D have been used this has to be disclosed.
4. The entry meets the contest Motto "Game Heroes".

To take place at the Cheetah3D-Contest send the following material
1. The entry image (1280x960 .png files).
2. A screenshot of the 3D scene in Cheetah3D (640x480, .jpg file).
3. The list of apps which have been used to create the entry.
4. Your complete postal and email address.
to martin@cheetah3d.de until 23.Nov.2008

Hi, I am new to this. I never entered a contest before. I am not sure what is the extent of the use of other apps that is allowed. Can I import a model built in another app and then modify it and add to it in Cheetah3D or do I have to start from scratch? At what point am I allowed to use another app? After the model has been built in Cheetah3D? Can I use Photoshop to retouch the final image?
Thanks

Hi, I am new to this. I never entered a contest before. I am not sure what is the extent of the use of other apps that is allowed. Can I import a model built in another app and then modify it and add to it in Cheetah3D or do I have to start from scratch? At what point am I allowed to use another app? After the model has been built in Cheetah3D? Can I use Photoshop to retouch the final image?
Thanks

Everything needs to be made and rendered in Cheetah (that's my understanding but please correct if I'm wrong). As long as you say what other apps. have been used then I think it's really up to you but remember this is a C3D competition with the best examples being displayed on the C3D Gallery of work that can be produced in C3D.

Andrew

Thanks

The model and to be created completely in Cheetah3D. You also have to render the image with Cheetah3D.
But you can use Photoshop for creating textures for example. You can also use PS for some post-processing.

Importing 3D models created with other apps is not allowed. Otherwise it wouldn't be a Cheetah3D contest anymore.:wink:

Bye,
Martin

Hi Martin
Pardon me for being a dummy but does 'iphone basic' mean you win a low spec iphone or a basic compiler for the iphone? :redface:

Daryl

Hi Martin
Pardon me for being a dummy but does 'iphone basic' mean you win a low spec iphone or a basic compiler for the iphone? :redface:

Neither of these.:wink: "iPhone Basic" is a Unity addition which allows you to publishing games created with Unity to the iPhone. So with

Cheetah3D + Unity + iPhone Basic

you have everything you need to create a 3D iPhone game.

Bye,
Martin

Neither of these.:wink: "iPhone Basic" is a Unity addition which allows you to publishing games created with Unity to the iPhone. So with

Cheetah3D + Unity + iPhone Basic

you have everything you need to create a 3D iPhone game.

Bye,
Martin

Aah, I see! :) Thanks for putting me straight Martin.

Hi,
its so quite. I hope many are still working on their entry. Can't await to see all your game heros.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

I´ve almost completed modeling my hero. As i´m allowed to use Photoshop for creating textures, can i also use Bodypaint? Itś for creating textures, i cant model with it anyway.
If it is not allowed, thats ok, i´ll use then Photoshop.:rolleyes:
best wishes
Margus

I´ve almost completed modeling my hero. As i´m allowed to use Photoshop for creating textures, can i also use Bodypaint? Itś for creating textures, i cant model with it anyway.
If it is not allowed, thats ok, i´ll use then Photoshop.:rolleyes:
best wishes
Margus

Hi,
please use Photoshop since Bodypaint is also a 3D tool in my eyes.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

Hi Martin,

Can I use particle illusion to render an image and then composit it in Cheetah by putting it on a plane?

Cheers
Aaron

Well the deadline is drawing closing so how are people doing? I hope there will be lots of entries like the last competition, it's good to see how people are using Cheetah3d. Personally, I didn't think I'd have time to finish an entry but I figure what the hell lets give it a shot. I wish everyone else luck and hope to see some more competition WIP's on the forum.

Andrew :)

I have no idea when the deadline is other than its in the next two days. Im 100% hopeless with global deadlines. It would be good know about particle illusion soon as it directly effects where I go next.

Cheers
Aaron

Well its a couple of clicks versus an hour or so actually :) I guess it reflects that I really threw myself into fx, because I invested in the pro version and as that gives me an unfair advantage, I wont use it this time round ;-)

:-D

AC

Well its a couple of clicks versus an hour or so actually :) I guess it reflects that I really threw myself into fx, because I invested in the pro version and as that gives me an unfair advantage, I wont use it this time round ;-)

Yes, please don't use it. :smile:

Bye,
Martin

Sorry for the silly question, but i do not understand what a entry image means.

Does this mean that i need a rendered image of my scene in 1280 by 960 png?

Sorry for the silly question, but i do not understand what a entry image means.

Does this mean that i need a rendered image of my scene in 1280 by 960 png?

Yes.

With kindest regards
Frank

Back