Axe tutorial and Transform Tool

Axe tutorial and Transform Tool

hi,
For nearly two hours, I've been trying to use the Transform Tool to create the shape in Step 2 of the Axe tutorial. Does anyone know how to (emphasis on "how to") use the Transform tool to create the shape? After nearly two hours, I've only been successful moving the selections in and out, and generally making a mess. The tutorial says to bring the mesh into a certain shape, but fails to say how to make this happen. Can anyone give me some guidance?
--KeithG

Hi.
"Video" is the magic word :wink:

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• AxeVideo.jpeg
    AxeVideo.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 696
video doesn't say 'how to" only that it can be done.

Frank,

Yes; I see what you mean. This is a little more helpful but the video does not show 'how' the box is rotated, for example to access and select the other two sides?? How is this done?? How does a person rotate the box to select the opposite two sides? I see that it can be done. But how?? All I seem to do is make a gross distortion by using the transform tool? The video shows me that the axe tutorial can indeed be accomplished, but it does not say how to do it?? Where are the precise sequential task actions???

--Keith

Hi.
So you have no clue how to navigate within the 3d view?
There´s a help file coming along with the Cheetah3d download, accesible via help at the main menu. Open it and find the chapter "User interface"->3D View and read along.

Cheers
Frank

Back