Texture and Material problems...

Texture and Material problems...

Hi!

I am just trying to get my first rounds in Cheetah, so maybe I missed something here. I imported an .obj file, selected some polys and make a new object using split.
If I put some textures/materials on this new object nothing happens.

I can only put the material on the old object (the rest of..) and both objects are now colored.

But I want only one with a texture...

Any tips?

regards,
Alex

Re: Texture and Material problems...

Hi,

Alexco said:
I imported an .obj file, selected some polys and make a new object using split.
If I put some textures/materials on this new object nothing happens.

Does the imported .obj file has UV coords. Scince if the model doesn't have UV coords applying a texture doesn't work.

Alexco said:
I can only put the material on the old object (the rest of..) and both objects are now colored.

If you use the split tool to create a new object the material tags of the original object will be copied to the new object. If you don't want the newly created object to use the same materials als the original object just delete the Materials tags of the new object.

But I wonder why both meshes should use the same material if you assign it to one object. I've tried to recreate that but I failed. It works as expected on my mac.

By,
Martin

First problem solved.
When I use split the polys are copied (not moved) to a new object. So I have those parts of my original object doubled. When I remove the old ones, I can finally see my textures :))

Back