NTSC tutorials?

NTSC tutorials?

Hi all,
I'm thinking of getting Cheetah3D to use with Unity.
The only problem is I can't find any good tutorials to work with.

I've searched through the forums and Google and I've found a bunch of video tutorials with no sound, which aren't very helpful for beginners.
I saw the two tutorials on the cheetah3d website, but those seemed more to show off features than actual tutorials.

I saw the DVDs, but the site is "under construction" right now, plus it says the DVDs are PAL only.. so that doesn't help me here in the USA.

Does anyone know of a good place that has Cheetah3d specific tutorials?

As good as the software look, if there's nothing I can use to get me started on it I'm going to have to look at other options.

Thanks.

Hi all,
I'm thinking of getting Cheetah3D to use with Unity.
The only problem is I can't find any good tutorials to work with.

I've searched through the forums and Google and I've found a bunch of video tutorials with no sound, which aren't very helpful for beginners.
I saw the two tutorials on the cheetah3d website, but those seemed more to show off features than actual tutorials.

I saw the DVDs, but the site is "under construction" right now, plus it says the DVDs are PAL only.. so that doesn't help me here in the USA.

Does anyone know of a good place that has Cheetah3d specific tutorials?

As good as the software look, if there's nothing I can use to get me started on it I'm going to have to look at other options.

Thanks.

Hi,
Here's the new version, all ready to download :) :
http://www.cheetah3d.de/forum/showthread.php?t=3069

P.S. These are QT files so no need for PAL/ NTSC milarchy.

Well, I purchased and downloaded these.

I've only watched through the first 3 or so tutorials and I can already tell this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you so much for creating these and the tutorials appear to be well worth the price.

Incidentally, have other countries settled on the same HD television standards as the US or are we going to suffer through another 40 years of PAL / NTSC / SECAM style stupidity?

Until AC current frequencies are harmonised (ie never) there's always going to be the whole 50hz vs 60hz scan rate problem, surely? Just guessing here...

Well, I purchased and downloaded these.

I've only watched through the first 3 or so tutorials and I can already tell this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you so much for creating these and the tutorials appear to be well worth the price.

Great news, glad you're enjoying and don't forget to post your results in the gallery.

Andrew

Hopefully failed download attempts don't count, the server hasn't been responding, and I can't get the file.
Has anyone had a hard time with the download link?

Until AC current frequencies are harmonised (ie never) there's always going to be the whole 50hz vs 60hz scan rate problem, surely? Just guessing here...

Nah ... I doubt Europeans are using 50Hz monitors... Certainly Australians aren't. DC / Digital devices can refresh at whatever framerate they like.

Back