baking and UV maps

baking and UV maps

*sigh* I feel like a total idiot: I can't seem to figure out what to do in order to simply:

- make a cube (ok I can do this)
- add the wood texture (no problems here)
- create UV map
- bake the texture and save it
- apply the saved texture

I can do this in XSI but just can't seem to figure out how to do it in cheetah... I looked at the manual entries on UV, and some tutorials, but they all seem to be missing some essential steps before, in between or after.

Ok... best thing to do in these cases is: close the laptop, get some sun, and try again the next day. It's working now.

*sigh* I feel like a total idiot: I can't seem to figure out what to do in order to simply:

- make a cube (ok I can do this)
- add the wood texture (no problems here)
- create UV map
- bake the texture and save it
- apply the saved texture

I can do this in XSI but just can't seem to figure out how to do it in cheetah... I looked at the manual entries on UV, and some tutorials, but they all seem to be missing some essential steps before, in between or after.

Brecht, are you using the resulting object/ baked texture for a games engine are simple test out UV texture bake in C3D?

Andrew

It's intended to be used in Unity, so yes. Does that make any difference?

Cheetah can only display 1 set of uv's so yes it does make a difference. Sounds like you need one on the Unity Guys Like Tonio to explain what the best steps are. Sorry Brecht.

Andrew

Back