Motion Capture

Yes it would. Most vendors use bvh for their mocap, and its a lot harder to find fbx files. There are some good free ones at turbosquid (Search Kaydara) but they are the only mocap files That work with Cheetah, in my known universe anyway.

Bvh is the one!

Cheers

AC

Yes, it would also be nice if we didn't have to look at blatant spam in newcomers avatars! ;) :lol:

mmmmmmm... microsofty-flavoured spam, too! My favourite. Especially on a forum for a mac-only application.

Still, I guess there's at least one Leopard logo avatar out there, so maybe this makes things fair & balanced.

:lol:

I did mention Solidworks coming to Mac- but that was a different thing entirely. Funnily enough, I told Architosh magazine about this, however when Architosh contacted Solidworks, SW's emphatically denied anything, yet it was Solidworks who told me two days previous to that about the good news.

These corporate software companies can be so fickle! (although with Autodesk hanging around in the background, I can see why! :lol:)

I received spam in my PM box the other day too :evil:

So Martin, now with the SDK for iPhone now out, are you gonna write a version of C3D for iPhone? Remember that "shake, rattle, roll" accelerometer!?! :D

LOL! If my little 80 x 80 pixel avatar bothers you so much I'll be nice and change it. Some people are offended by the smallest things. :rolleyes:

I didn't realize I was the only person who uses both a Mac and a PC.

I didn't realize I was the only person who uses both a Mac and a PC.

You aren't. I too also use both platforms. But I know which one I far prefer ;)

Anyway ZBrush is dual platform.

I brought the subject up because I am a moderator on another (unrelated) forum, and recently there has been a number of people there, using their avatar as a way of getting spam past the usual spam filters. An avatar that reads "$400 for a copy of ZBrush" raises an eyebrow or two don't you think? :lol:

As for bothering people, well it kind of bothers me because I always feel when someone offers an app at a bargain price with a nice 'n' cosy, helpful forum to boot, you have to respect them in every way possible. OTOH, I'm sure that there are others here who probably didn't blink an eyelid. ;)

It's probably my age! :D

I thought it was a good idea.

Now please can we stop nitpicking? The lack of bvh support is an issue and filling this thread with noise is a pain. Please take it to private messaging in future. If you want bvh support, show Martin by lodging a post, if you dont, well thats fine, just please dont create noise. The issue is more significant than nitpicking.

AC

Hi,

I have a large library of bvh files and would be very interested in having this feature. So add another vote for me :icon_thumbup:

Back