Inverting UV coordinates

Inverting UV coordinates

I've got some .OBJ files made in another 3D app which, for bizarre reasons, have their normals inverted and their UV coordinates inverted in the V direction. Flipping the face normals is easy enough, but I can't see any way of inverting the UV coordinates. The Scale V control in the UV coords tag doesn't seem to affect manually mapped UVs. Am I missing something here?

Alternatively, is this something that could be done in JavaScript? It seems to me that it's as simple as iterating through every vertex and setting the V ordinate to 1-V. I don't know what to write without the documentation, of course (and I know you're hard at work on that). If this seems like a good idea, could you outline what functions I'd need to call to achieve this?

If none of this is possible, I'll just have to fall back to my previous technique of grepping the .OBJ file to flip the axes around... it usually takes several attempts before I get it right!

Hi,
that was a bug. Thanks for the tip. I've already fixed it and it will work in the next update.

Meanwhile you can set the "UV scale" property of the Material tag to (1,-1). That should flip the UV coords.

By,
Martin

Martin said:
Meanwhile you can set the "UV scale" property of the Material tag to (1,-1). That should flip the UV coords.
I hadn't even noticed that property! Thanks, it worked perfectly.

Back