a Cheetah3D Wiki

Hi,
reading through the mediawiki documentation I'm starting to become very proud about my Cheetah3d documentation. I have no clue how the configure that software properly. It seems to be very user unfriendly.

So if anybody has some clue how to configure it please let me know.

Bye,
Martin

Hi Martin, thanks for taking this up. I mentioned nuwiki in my initial post because it can be integrated with vBulletin: everyone could carry on using the same usernames and passwords etc. But I have no experience using it, so I can't say if its easy to set up or not. Otherwise mediawiki seems to be very popular...

Thats great ToddWR, I haven`t used the scripts very much yet, so that would be great to get some organized info about how to work with scripts.

Hi,
reading through the mediawiki documentation I'm starting to become very proud about my Cheetah3d documentation.

For the record, I think the C3D documentation is pretty good. There were some things that were unclear, and it doesn't provide a whole lot of modelling tutorials, but as far as the tool reference goes, once you read it twice, you catch on.

Hi Martin, thanks for taking this up. I mentioned nuwiki in my initial post because it can be integrated with vBulletin: everyone could carry on using the same usernames and passwords etc. But I have no experience using it, so I can't say if its easy to set up or not. Otherwise mediawiki seems to be very popular...

I'm actually a little bit worried that I completely mess up the forum software. With that less php experience as me I don't want to risk that.

So the forum and the wiki should be strictly separated and both in its own databases.

Bye,
Martin

I'm sure that I can find someone who knows about these things. Let me sleep on this tonight.

see you tomorrow.

oh and btw, I CAN offer free server space if needed, to host this wiki :D

Hi,
I would like to have a Wiki like that

http://www.unifycommunity.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

but at the moment I have no clue how to configure it.:frown:

Even simple things like requiring a login for editing isn't obvious.

Bye,
Martin

That wiki looks really nice, so if someone has experience with this kind of wiki it would be great if they could help Martin with setting it up. I don`t have a clue how to do it. Then the contributers can start making articles! I am ready!

I will try to contact one of the administrators of the unifycommunity.com wiki, to see if they can help...

Well, creating a new wiki user account seems easy enough... maybe too easy! This might be the first thing to re-configure to deter spammers.

For example, the unifycomminity wiki requires both captcha and email verification before authorising an account.

There are some notes here.

There's also a page here, describing a 'ConfirmAccount' extension, which seems to allow all new users to be vetted by a system administrator (Bureaucrat).

I would think we could just have a system where only users with certain privileges can edit the Wiki. You would have to apply to be able to edit, or something like that. With Wikidot, you can make your Wiki private, so you either have to enter a password to gain access to the site, or you have to apply.

Back