Material edge to edge

Material edge to edge

I everyone. Need a little help here. I'm not the best with 3d modeling but I pretty much achieved the goal I want with Cheeta. The learning curve is easy. Now to my question.

I built a little box and would like a supermat texture to warp all the way to the edge. Imagine a simple lid. The texture stretches all the way to the bezel and then repeats to the edge.

Is there any way to have the texture map stretch edge to edge?

Thanks Julian

Attachments

• flower_202.jpg
    flower_202.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 764
Hi,
to do that you have to attach a "UV Tag" to the lid of your box. Withing the "UV Tag" choose "flat-mapping" as mapping type. Finally use the "Transform" transform tool to adjust the mapping geometry in the 3D view. To see the mapping geometry in the 3D view the UV Tag has to be selected in the object browser.

I hope that I could help.

By,
Martin

Thank you

Thank you Martin for the quick reply. Almost but not quite. now the texture stretches to the edge but the way it stretches it is weird. the flat surface takes on the texture great but then just a little part gets stretch on the sides to the edge. So the side texture looks all distorted. I played around with it but could not figure it out. Any suggestions. thanks Julian

Attachments

• rose_111.jpg
    rose_111.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 759
Hi,
you could for example adjust your texture. The problem is that the leavs of the rose go down til the boarder of the texture. If you have a blue boarder arround the hole texture it would look correct. I think that would be the easiest way to solve that problem.

By,
Martin

i wish

I wish it would be that easy. The rose is not really the texture I will be using. I designing a box with a texture that wrap around the whole box. I i use frontal mapping I get the desired affect but I cannot control size or position because its linked to the screen space. Would appreciate any help. Thank you. j

Attachments

• rose2_203.jpg
    rose2_203.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 734
Hi,
if you use "frontal-mapping" you can increase the "Scale U" and "Scale V" properties of the UV Tag to scale down the rose texture.

But if you want to warp the texture arround the box you can also texture map all six sides of the box manually. See therefore the documentation of the UV tag where it is explained how to assign UV coords to just a polygon selection.

By,
Martin

Thanks

Thank you Martin,
I was hoping you would not say to do each side individualy. Oh well. Will leet you know how it works out. Thanks J

Back