Blueprint Tutorial

Blueprint Tutorial

Here is my first tutorial for Cheetah3D and it`s about how to use Blueprint to import reference pictures into C3D. http://cheetah3d.turbomultimedia.com/page4/page1/page1.html

Please let me know if there are any anything that should be changed or added in the tutorials.

I hope to make more tutorials in the future.
If you have an tutorial or wanna make one please send it to me and I can publish it on the same site.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

As a new C3D user I am having trouble finding good sources for tutorials.

I know that I can buy the DVDs, but there is precious little else. I can't even find a C3D book. (Or maybe I am looking in the wrong places?)

Anyway, thank you for setting this up.

Regards,

Last edited:
Welcome

Welcome to the world ofC3D. It`s always nice to help people. Unfortunately there is no books about C3D, hopefully someone at this forum would write a book one day. But as you probaly know this an application made by one amazing person(Martin). I have never seen any forums that are as helpful as this one. So don`t hesitate to ask, but please make a search before you ask, because your question is probably answered before. I am fearly new to C3D myself, so I know it isn`t always easy to find the right post. I have bought the dvds you are referring to haven`t had the time to get through them yet, but they seems like a very good and cheap way to learn C3D. Hopefully there will be a place where all C3D tutorials are gathered some day(and then I mean other than the tutorial forum. Hopefully I will have the time to make some more tutorials later! I am a student now, so I am a little busy right now!

I know that I can buy the DVDs, but there is precious little else. I can't even find a C3D book. (Or maybe I am looking in the wrong places?)

I am new to Cheetah and recently bought the DVDs and can highly recommend them, but like you I would like a book too

Yes I agree a Cheetah 3D book would be great, but I it`s a lot of work, and it will probably cost so much to print it that you will have to give it a high price or sell a lot of books, and the C3D community isn`t "THAT" big... So I don`t think it will happen. But who knows! I hope to make more tutorials in the future, so keep on checking my site.

It could be printed on demand by a service like Lulu.com then it wouldn't cost anything upfront.

You just took the inevitable reply straight out of my mouth! =0)

Lulu is really very good- as they even do 'one off' hardback books too. Just send in a pdf file.

I too yearn for decent CD3 tutorials- and I'm afraid that I haven't found Cheetah3D as easy to use as others say it is- perhaps it's the way my brain is wired? :confused: . Personally I've found Solidworks, 3DS Max and Sketch-up easier to use, but apart from the latter, the former titles are PC only (shame on you!). I bought Cheetah3D because of its Mac only, its price, and because development for it getting better and more powerful all the time (and of course the nice Cheetah3D community. Cosy places to stay are always the best!).

So yes, there's nothing like a good book :)

A very useful tutorial Christian, especially good for drawing from Google Earth maps etc. However you don't mention how you got the info of the size of the image used, ready for resizing within C3D.- ie the 'general info' window. Where did that come from? C3D or Photoshop etc?

Tom

I am glad you liked the tutorial, I just used the inspector in Preview, and I have updated the tutorial now so that there is no confusion on where you get that information. Thanks for the feedback.

Excellent stuff Christian! :D

I have been a teacher too in the past- to kids between the ages of 16-19. Teaching is very rewarding imo.

Back