Mac Speed Downloader Problems

Mac Speed Downloader Problems

Hello everybody! I'm using Cheetah 2.2 and I'm trying to upgrade to 2.4. I've always had the problem with using the "download Cheetah" link on the Cheetah3d website. If I click on it, the page just blinks and does nothing. Martin has sent me several links, and when I click on any of them I get directed to the following page and again, NOTHING HAPPENS! Here's where I end up:

file:///private/tmp/501/TemporaryItems/.__SDPluginHelper.html

Do any of you have a clue as to what I can do? I don't even know how to get in touch with the Speed Downloader guys. Maybe I have to uninstall the whole program. I've tried dragging the entire Speedloader DMG file and application into the trash, and that doesn't work either.
Thanks for reading this! Let me know if you come up with anything.

-Rick

Re: Mac Speed Downloader Problems

Do any of you have a clue as to what I can do? I don't even know how to get in touch with the Speed Downloader guys. Maybe I have to uninstall the whole program. I've tried dragging the entire Speedloader DMG file and application into the trash, and that doesn't work either.
Thanks for reading this! Let me know if you come up with anything.

-Rick[/quote]

Temporarily control-click on the link and choose "Disable Speed Download" and then download Cheetah 2.4. Make sure you have the latest version of SpeedDownload; it is currently at 3.0.12. Reinstall the current version and it will update the plugins.

Hello, and thanks for the solution. However, it didn't work. The "control click" didn't give me the option to disable Speed Downloader, it only gave me the option to "download with Speed Downloader".
So in an act of desperation, I tried "option click" and it immediately went into download mode.
THANKS FOR LEADING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION, or at least getting me to try something different! I've been struggling with this for about a month.
Thanks again!
-Rick

Hi Rick,
it's good to hear that you found a solution to download Cheetah3D. :D

Sorry for the problems but it is still a miracle for me why Speed Downloader strikes when it comes to downloading Cheetah3d. :cry: But now I know at least a solution if another user has the same problems.

By,
Martin

Back