Shift-click

Shift-click

Martin,

I know this has been brought up before, but it's a real killer sometimes with large models. Are there any plans to allow shift+click of items in the object browser?

Hi,
that little feature doesn't look like alot of work but it is. Trust me. Nevertheless that is a 2.x feature for sure.

By,
Martin

Martin,

While this is not exactly the same function and use as the shift+click, I think that importing into a folder would also reduce the number of shift+click required. At least in my case as I often import models in several parts from various location/files.
But I am certainly not the only one doing this.

So, could this be done easily ? :

- Import directly into a newly created folder (create a folder, select it in the object browser and import)
or
- the import function does create the folder automatically before importing everything, all the time, into that folder
or
- the import function does create a new folder everytime the import function is used

And maybe this behaviour could be defined into the preferences ?

François

Francois said:
- the import function does create the folder automatically before importing everything, all the time, into that folder
or

Hi,
that would be possible. All three functions would be a little overkill.

By,
Martin

Very good idea Francois. That might be a better alternative and might be little easier on Martin.

Hi,
I think you are mainly interested in the FBX and 3DS imports so I will add a option to these file loader preferences to import into a automatically created folder.

By,
Martin

Hi,
I've added the "import into folder" option to the FBX and the 3DS loader. Now these files can be imported into an automatically created folder which has the name of the file. See the screenshot below.

That feature will be in v2.4.1.

By,
Martin

Attachments

• cheetah3dschnappschuss001_152.jpg
    cheetah3dschnappschuss001_152.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 907
Martin said:
Hi,
I've added the "import into folder" option to the FBX and the 3DS loader. Now these files can be imported into an automatically created folder which has the name of the file. See the screenshot below.

Martin,

Thank you very much for this.
I think this will ease a lot the work for some users. I think it's also an "implicitly expected" C3D function for one that is discovering C3D. So, I think it's a great move.

François

Martin,

Yes, it's really nice to deal with imported files now. I also noticed that the camera's (like Sketchup pages ) are also imported. I still need to test these a little more and I will let you know.
Thank you very much.

François

Back