Transparency problem

Transparency problem

I have a problem with glass and using specular scatterings. I made a building to show the problem. I wanted the light to pass through the glass so that the interior would also be seen. Without the scatterings it's dark. So I turned on the scatterings to see what would happen. This is the result. The glass plane is just a simple plane object. The glass material simple as well. reflectivity and transparency (fresnel on). Martin in your 2.x or 3.0 could you please fix these problems. I would be great to (finally) make a nice interior where light and hdri actually would PASS through the glass in a good way. But I think that is already on your To-do list. I can't wait though :p

Regards,
Peter

ps. the dark spots also appear on the wall material (with little reflectivity (.3)).

Hi peer,
sorry for the problems. Could you mail me the scene? That would help me alot. Rebuilding such scenes costs me alot of time and in a first try I wasn't able to reproduce the bug. So if you run into such a type of problem please mail the scene directly to me.

Many thanks in advance.

By,
Martin

Hi Peer,
I can´t explain the dark spots in your rendering, but I think you have to play more with lights and it´s settings. In my example the texture is always the same. First we have a strong summersunlight, second a reduced one with an additional one in the room, third with lots of ambient music. Be realistic; if you´re in front of a dark picture with a glass frame, you´ll notice more the surroundings than the picture itself. If the environment is more lightened up, you will have the chance to recognize the interieur. Do you remember shading a look through a store-window with your hands to see anything inside? I think we have the same supposition here.

with kindest regards

frank

Attachments

• summermodulsystem_142.jpg
    summermodulsystem_142.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 751
Frank : Yes ofcourse you're right, a little tweaking of the lights would probably help, but that doesn't mean these artifacts should appear. I will put in some ambient lighting inside the building.
Martin : The file is on it's way.

Hi peer,
thanks for the file. It helped alot. I think I've got the bug. It should work in 2.4 which I've released a few minutes ago.

By,
Martin

Attachments

• pastedgraphic_921.jpg
    pastedgraphic_921.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 752
Great update, the bug is fixed!!

Regards,

Peter

Attachments

• right_912.jpg
    right_912.jpg