Object Array.js

tg_jp

Object Array.js

this is a Polygon script. actually it doesn't make any polygons, but it makes target property ( must be folder object contains any object that has 'position' property) aligned by certain types ( line, grid, ring, and spline ). it works as like Array or Ring Modifier for lights or cameras.

I tested with v.4.3.1, but I think it also works for 3.6.x.

[updated] spline option added. use target property (must be folder object) instead of child objects.

download -> http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=33

tg_jp, Hiroto

Attachments

Last edited:
Thank you, I need to make some lights with this. I couldn't use the Array modifier or Particle Array objects which I think doesn't make sense, but luckily there is another great script from you!

:icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:

Hi everyone,

I tried downloading this in the last few days, but cannot get it to download properly. I've tried Camino and Firefox.

Can anyone lese confirm if this works properly.

Thanks.

Alessandro,

thanks for your reply.

You are correct. Safari works perfectly. I have sent an email to Hiroto because Camino and Firefox do not download this correctly.

Thanks again.

frank beckmann

Sorry to say - but it still works as it is. ;)
And there´s still particle-spline which may do also for what you want.
ObjectArrayParticleSpline.jpeg

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:

tg_jp

hi, thank you for trying my script.

It works as expected on my mac. so, Please check installed folder for that script again ( it's polygon script, so ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/Scripts/Polygonobj is a right folder).

anyway, your problem was solved with another script, wasn't it?

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Yes, I solved the challenge with another script.

But thank you anyway - very much. Your contributions and help are very valuable, and very appreciated.

Thank you :)

This script still seems to work! C3D v7.x
But I've had a couple of issues - crashing, and seemingly disabling lights in the scene?????? I don't know - I'm trying to figure out if its user error.

I'm curious if I want hundreds (1000s?) of lights wrapping in a spiral, am I needing a group with hundreds/thousands of lights in it? Is there a better way?

Thanks,
--Shift Studio.

confirmed..!??!?
Adding this script using a folder full of strong lights as target and a spline to position them, turns off a distant light also in the scene.
Weird.

I've also tried using emissive objects, and it seems to distribute them... in fact a regular old particle spline will do that. BUT having issues getting the emissive objects to be as strong as I want.

-- shift studio.

frank beckmann

There´s a "Copy Objects Along To.js" (on Hiroto´s site) which seem perfectly fine for this. It´s a bit outdated and has some trouble with the new lights of v7 - but you can select all 1000 lights and adjust them in one go:
1000lights.png

Cheers
Frank

Last edited:
There´s a "Copy Objects Along To.js" (on Hiroto´s site) which seem perfectly fine for this. It´s a bit outdated and has some trouble with the new lights of v7 - but you can select all 1000 lights and adjust them in one go:

Cheers
Frank
Thanks Frank! I will definitely check it out.
Btw, I'm now experimenting further with my particle spline and emissive objects - I had to crank the intensity up extremely high (Its set at 1,000,000 right now, but I think it stopped making any difference around .... maybe 200,000)

Will probably be back for more, but thanks so far.
--Shift Studio.

... particle spline and emissive objects - I had to crank the intensity up extremely high (Its set at 1,000,000 right now, but I think it stopped making any difference around .... maybe 200,000)
-Shift Studio.
ugh - I had 'clamp sample' on my render setting turned down to 1 (from 10)

This caused the problem noted above.
--shift studio.