Cheetah3D 2.4b1

Cheetah3D 2.4b1

Hi,
Cheetah3D 2.4b1 is out. For the first I will release that beta just in the forum since Cheetah3D 2.4b1 includes many many under the hood changes and code rewrites. One small and often requested side effect of the rewrites is that expanded properties in the Propview stays expanded.:D But also the texture rendering quality has been improved.
But v2.4b1 also fixes quite a bunch bugs. Like the problem with selection ngons.

-expanded properties stay open in the propertie views
-added anisotropic texture filterig to reflected and transmited textures
-added "stop rendering job" command to render manager
-added support for embedded textures in FBX files
-use ESC key to stop rendering job
-fixed bug in symmetry modifier (iso parameter)
-fixed bug in create polygon tool
-fixed bug in extrude object
-fixed bug in polygon selection
-fixed bug in object selection
-fixed bug with ATI Radeon X850 boards
-fixed bug withing propview updates when moving the camera

You can find Cheetah3D 2.4b1 at:
http://cheetah3d.com/download/Cheetah3D.app.dmg

Please let me know if you encounter any problems.

Many thanks in advance,
Martin

P.S. The finall v2.4 will come with a Illustrator->Cheetah3D transition tutorial.

Re: Cheetah3D 2.4b1

Martin said:
-added "stop rendering job" command to render manager[/b]

Martin... have not tried this beta yet... at work so will have to wait until I get home tonight... but is it possible to have a Pause button/command for a render as well as the stop render... or does the stop render turn into a restart render button once a render has been stopped...?

cheers
Trevor

Re: Cheetah3D 2.4b1

TrevorM-L said:
or does the stop render turn into a restart render button once a render has been stopped...?

Sorry not yet. Older versions of Cheetah3D (1.x) could do that. Due to the animation stuff in 2.0 that feature would be very memory consuming. So I'm not sure if I will reimplement it.

By,
Martin

Back