UV Stepper.js - move, rotate, or scale UV coordinates with certain values

Hello :)

Could it be possible that switching UV's using the "Swap UV1,UV2" is now broken in 5.2? I have a couple of errors.

Thanks Hiroto, its a great script.

Aaron

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-01-25 at 12.29.32 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-01-25 at 12.29.32 AM.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 607
  • Screen shot 2010-01-25 at 12.33.11 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-01-25 at 12.33.11 AM.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 620
Hi Hiroto it looks like your script may have broken with Cheetah 5.5?

If you had a chance to take a look that would be great.
Thanks
Aaron

Sure:

looks like Martin intends holding on to the Cheetah Copyright for the next 20,000 years or so..

if I add the bake tag, I get the error in the smaller pic.

Thanks
Aaron

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-06-20 at 11.58.35 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-06-20 at 11.58.35 PM.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 577
  • Screen shot 2010-06-21 at 12.01.25 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-06-21 at 12.01.25 AM.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 563
I did the baking and swap UV2 to UV1 with the script without any errors.
My script version is from 24.January2010. And yours?

Cheers
Frank

Ahh that was it. I downloaded the current one and its working, thanks Frank

No problems Hiroto!:icon_thumbup: Sorry for the false alarm.

Aaron

Hey TG,

Fantastic script! Just a couple of things that I think could be bugs:

• I am having trouble assigning a key command to the script. I get the error shown bellow.
  • When I click the get angle button, then select all the polygons I want to straighten, and then select UV stepper again, the rotation field has gone back to zero.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-04-19 11.13.41.png
    Screenshot 2014-04-19 11.13.41.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 506
Hi, thank you for reporting.

• I am having trouble assigning a key command to the script. I get the error shown bellow.

I have no idea, why that error message is shown. There is no message like that in this script. Please check hot-key assigned this script, re-assign, or restart Cheetah3D...

Hey TG,
  • When I click the get angle button, then select all the polygons I want to straighten, and then select UV stepper again, the rotation field has gone back to zero.

All script's parameters are reset after invoking from menu command, so I recommend to use 'tool history backward / forward' hot-key for this case.

Or clicking factory icon at right side of title-bar on the tool property view, all parameter's changes are saved permanently.

Best

tg_jp, Hiroto

Attachments

• sc_007.jpg
    sc_007.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 553
Restarting Cheetah seemed to fix it.

And great tip on the tool history. There's heaps of options (like this) in Cheetah that are not that easy to find. I can't find it anywhere in the menus.

I only started using this script a few months ago, and I can't believe it took me this long to discover it! It's incredibly helpful with various UV mapping tasks, esp. scaling and positioning as well as inverting. The weld function is pretty nifty too, though I'm still getting the hang of it. THANK YOU so much for sharing this incredibly useful script!

@perpetualrevision: Yea great script.
I haven't gotten to deeply into it as of yet.
I use it mainly for inverting my UV's.
I can see you will be an asset to the forums so I welcome you.
I am a fellow Poser user, in conjunction with C3D. and Anime Studio.
Any enlightenment into using UV stepper would be useful.
Thanks.

I can see you will be an asset to the forums so I welcome you.
I am a fellow Poser user, in conjunction with C3D. and Anime Studio.
Any enlightenment into using UV stepper would be useful.
Thanks.

Thanks for the "welcome," uncle808us! I've been here since 2014, but I don't post that often (so I guess that's why it still says "New member" under my username?)

I use UV Stepper most often to scale and center UVs on the "stage" (as the script calls it), but I also make frequent use of invert u and invert v as well as point alignment h and v (which automatically scales all selected points to a horizontal or vertical line, faster and more precisely than doing it with the gadget tool).

I find it pretty easy to UV map props in Cheetah, but I'm still trying to figure out the best way to map clothing items, and in the process I've experimented with UV Stepper's Weld UV option. What it does is let you "rejoin" vertices that might've gotten separated in the process of unwrapping the mesh, esp. if you used seams. The verts are single items on the mesh, but in the UV space they can end up in two locations, which you've probably seen if you've ever selected a vertex on a mesh and noticed that two vertices seem to be selected on the UV space. It's an inevitable result of unwrapping a mesh, but sometimes you want to "reunite" a set of verts in order to make texturing easier, like the top or edge seams on a shirt. So I use the Weld UV option to "reunite" those verts and then pin them before doing any further unwrapping.

I haven't yet explored the other options in UV Stepper, but I'm sure I will eventually! If there's a specific issue you're trying to figure out, let me know, and if it's something I've figured out, I'll share what I learned!

Thanks I will. I still wish for some kind of relax function, maybe before I can't use C3D anymore due to the age of my computer.

Back