UV Stepper.js - move, rotate, or scale UV coordinates with certain values

UV Stepper.js - move, rotate, or scale UV coordinates with certain values

this script is a Tool script for moving, rotating, or scaling UV coordinates of selected polygons with certain value. and you can move selected UV map to left/center/right position in UV field.

download -> http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=32

ch_20090311_UVStepper_ss.jpg

Updated: fixed alignment (center/middle) bug and now work Point and Edge mode. 20080217
Updated: fixed bug when using with version 4.6. 20080528
Updated: support uv1/uv2 copy and swap. now support uv of uv2 set correctly. (only 4.6 later) 20080716
Updated: 'weld', 'invert' added 20081216
Updated: object uv copy added. a behavior of collection for current selection changed. (when nothing is selected, script affects all uv info of object.)
Updated: 'select UVPIN in selection' / 'align circle' / 'move to' for set absolute position functions. update recommended. :) 20090619
Updated: fix bug with cheetah3d 5.2 20100125
Updated: add getAngle / getFitScale 20110411

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Last edited:
Thank you for this script. I am very new to Cheetah but this script has already become indispensible.
Egg

Great, I will do :)
Thank you again
Egg

One question, the only way i can access it is to put it in the appropriate app level folder and run through the Tools>Script>Tool Script menu to get it. As I said I'm very new to Cheetah, but is there a way I can add it to the interface as a button or assign a key shortcut to invoke it?
Cheers.

Last edited:
hi,

I want script hot-key assignment, too. now I am using [tool history backward] and [tool history forward] assignment. it works for tool scripts.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

hi,

I checked 'Application Keyboard Shortcuts', as that thread said, it works perfect!

please forget my last post. :oops:

tg_jp, Hiroto

hello, all

I update this script for bug fix when you're using with version 4.6.
please update it if you're using. :)

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hi Tg_jp. Is it possible to make a script that switches UVsets around? I have an imported model where UVs have appeared in Set 2 and Nothing has appeared in set 1-I can also see other uses related to baking textures where it could be good to switch.

Ill attatch the file in question-Hopefully you can help!

Thank you so much if so...

AaronC

Attachments

• UVSet_Mess.jas.zip
    79.6 KB · Views: 797
hi,

I cannot find an API to manipulate UV2 set via javascript of Cheetah3D, so I have no idea to swap UV1 to UV2... umm. :confused:

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Ok thanks for taking a look. Martin said to me in an email he'd "exposed" the uv sets but Im not to sure what that means without documentation and I dont think thats much use to me...I appreciate you having a look though, thanks

AaronC

Hi,
the

Code:
Vec4D uvCoord(Number pindex, Number cindex)

return a four dimensional vector. The first two elements of this vector are uv1 and the last two elemts are uv2

Bye,
Martin

hi

Code:
Vec4D uvCoord(Number pindex, Number cindex)

return a four dimensional vector. The first two elements of this vector are uv1 and the last two elemts are uv2

ah.. I just understand why you did change the return type of uvCoord func!! :cool: I can add a function to swap UV1 to UV2 now! :)

EDIT: it updated. now support uv2 set and copy/swap uv1-uv2 set.
please check it.

http://www.tres-graficos.jp/blog/files/article.php?id=32

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto

Last edited:
Hi Tg_jp,

Im having trouble downloading this- I get a "UV" file, but its not javascript? Can you check (Someone?)

Cheers
AaronC

Ahh Thanks Frank, Id downloaded it on windows and it wasnt working. Works fine on mac.

Thanks Hiroto, its absolutely just what I needed.:icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup: :icon_thumbup:

AaronC

Back