Splitting an Edge into a Polygon...

Splitting an Edge into a Polygon...

It's there a way or could we get a way to select an Edge and split it into a polygon. I've found myself having to do a full Ring Cut to play with certain ideas, which just adds more unnecessary Polygons to my object.

I do remember a few years back I'd played with a Cinema 4D demo and it had a tool that allowed you to select Edges and pretty much open them into Polygons without having to make full cuts around the whole object.

Hope this makes sense.

later.

;)

Hi.
Maybe I´m lost in translation.
You just can cover a polygon from an edge of the mesh.
Is it this what you´re aiming to do?
With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• CoverWorkflow.jpeg
    CoverWorkflow.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 759
What you just show me is great, but what looking for is being able select edges have a tool that allows me to split them without spliting them away from the object...

In Cinema 4D if I remember correctly there was a tool that once you selected an edge or various edges, it would allow you drag on the object and split the selected edge or edges into a polygon of any size. It was a selected and drag kind of operation.

Thanks for all your replies and your help, I hope I'm explaining this properly.

Attachments

• edgeselection.jpg
    edgeselection.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 730
Hi.
Ah ok; I find it - in C4D. It´s simple called "extrusion" while edges beeing selected. It´s not very elegant as far as I can tell, because the extrusion won´t point out it´s normals by default - for my lack of knowing C4D.
Unless there´s a better tool in Cheetah3d I would generate a new polygon manually and use further the cover tool and welding as a workaround. That´s quite speedy.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• EdgePolygon.png
    EdgePolygon.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 747
Back