Multiple Monitor Support

Multiple Monitor Support

In essence -- all this would require would be the ability to have more than one C3D window within a single layout.

Render Pane

Oh and as well as the render manager being a separate window, how about making it a pane option? Would work very nicely in concert with multiple monitor support.

Oh and as well as the render manager being a separate window, how about making it a pane option? Would work very nicely in concert with multiple monitor support.

For animating, it would be really cool to be able to have the curve editor on one monitor and the 3D view on another. This kind of stuff really speeds up the workflow.

Mike

What do you mean by a "pan option" ?

I like to have the render manager as a separate window, such that I can move it to any place in my screens (checking different screens set-up too) without moving the main C3D Window.

However I agree that being able to detach the other elements to move them to another screen would be convenient.

Cheers,

p*

I said "pane option" ... i.e. the render manager could be a pane in the standard window layout rather than a window of its own.

I use Cheetah across two monitors...I just stretch the main window so that a vertical divider lies on the boundary between two monitors. It works well enough, but agree with Tonio -- it would be nice to have more than one window and the Render Manager as a pane (with the tray as another pane option?)

This leads me neatly on to another small wish, which I shall post in another thread...

How about the ability to just open/tear off any pane into its own window?

I know how busy Martin is, so I try to stay out of the wish list. lol

Todd

another vote for this! I would prefer to have my modeling window open on one monitor and all my tools and browser windows on another monitor.

Cheers, Chuck

One more for better multiple monitor support...

(I'm still fuming that I didn't manage to grab a pair of those 22" with DVI and USB hub that ProMarkt were doing for €175 on Saturday. All gone by Monday afternoon. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: )

I believe, after more than 10 years, it's legit to bump this and poke a little to see when we can get this feature :)

I'm joyfully using cheetah 3D here and I usually use it with two monitors. One for the render window and one for basically everything else.

However, when modeling it would be great to be able to use, say, one window for the UV editor and another for the 3D view, or one for the 3D view and one for a quad view etc.

Ideally, you can keep the same panel management and simply allow users to open multiple windows and then split them up just like the main window.

I believe, after more than 10 years, it's legit to bump this and poke a little to see when we can get this feature :)

I'm joyfully using cheetah 3D here and I usually use it with two monitors. One for the render window and one for basically everything else.

However, when modeling it would be great to be able to use, say, one window for the UV editor and another for the 3D view, or one for the 3D view and one for a quad view etc.

Ideally, you can keep the same panel management and simply allow users to open multiple windows and then split them up just like the main window.
Hi, I am a newbie here, loving the learning curve. Please see my post at General "Second Monitor! How?"

I use Cheetah across two monitors...I just stretch the main window so that a vertical divider lies on the boundary between two monitors. It works well enough, but agree with Tonio -- it would be nice to have more than one window and the Render Manager as a pane (with the tray as another pane option?)

This leads me neatly on to another small wish, which I shall post in another thread...

This option also doesn't work anymore in recent versions of OSX. Windows can't be stretched across spaces (and thus, monitors).

When working with UVs and textures, I often have the texture editor (Affinity Photo or Sketch) open on another screen, but it would be really, really helpful if I could have the UV editor separate from the preview.

Look at the suffering I'm enduring %)

Attachments

• bla4.jpg
    bla4.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 378
There still is a work around, even with an antiquated set up such as mine: a 2009 17" iMac running High Sierra and a second 17" HANNSpree monitor.

a. Go into System Preferences>Mission Control and uncheck 'Displays have separate Spaces'.

This allows you to stretch the app window to cover both monitors..

b. Go into System Preferences>Displays>Arrangement and set the resolutions of the two monitors so that they looks near as possible, the same height size, whilst filling the screens.

Below, if I can up load them, are my set ups for Modelling and Animation.

Attachments

• Animation Screens set-up.jpg
    Animation Screens set-up.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 387
  • modelling screen set-up.jpg
    modelling screen set-up.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 379
hugeWindow.png

Omg, it works :D

What's strange now, though, is that the timeline bar spans all the screens. I also can't use and swipe between full-screen Apps while I do that.

But still, very useful for some use cases. Thanks %)

Last edited:
Back