Attachments

• sunset.zip
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,000
  • sun.jpg
    sun.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,089
Great stuff Luke thanks for doing this.

Two questions.
Why AO over Radiosity in the Radiosity tag?
And why 16x 2x when Martin has suggested to only use 1x by whatever x?

Great stuff Luke thanks for doing this.

Two questions.
Why AO over Radiosity in the Radiosity tag?
And why 16x 2x when Martin has suggested to only use 1x by whatever x?

AO because it's faster and I think it gives a more neutral result, it most cases (try the settings in the tut with full radiosity and see the difference)

Everytime I use full radiosity in similar scenes, I get an overly warm yellowish cast, so I tend to use it only on close up and single oblect work.

Re the x1 thing:- ( from the help files)

oversampling pass1: Oversampling rate for the first rendering pass. 1x results in no anti-aliasing, whilst 64x gives very smooth results, but will take much longer to compute. An oversampling rate of 1x should be enough for most scenes. To improve image quality it is better in increase the oversampling rate of the second pass because the second pass antialiases adaptively which is much faster.

oversampling pass 2: Oversampling rate for the second rendering pass. The second rendering pass just improves those areas of the image were a refinement is needed. See also the tolerance parameter. If you need a higher image quality increase this parameter

It's just the settings I chose for that particular render

Regards

Luke

AO because it's faster and I think it gives a more neutral result, it most cases (try the settings in the tut with full radiosity and see the difference)

Everytime I use full radiosity in similar scenes, I get an overly warm yellowish cast, so I tend to use it only on close up and single oblect work.

Which is more correct for the real world AO or Radiosity as I'm more concerned with quality than time.

Have you tried adding a Render tag to your floor object and exclude it from Radiosity? I find that helps make the scene far more neutral when using Radiosity.

Last edited:
Here is my first use of Lukes great file. I moved the fill light and added a rim light behind the table. This is using Radiosity with a render tag added to the floor to exclude it from Radiosity.

table-edit.jpg

Hi,
Thanks for the tutorial luke:icon_thumbup:. Great cat thing IDR, it looks very Egyptian-ish. Any tips on how you made it? Or is it just the old polygon modeling technique The silver surfers pet:tongue:.

Thanks,
Greg

Last edited:
Hi Luke,

thanks a lot - this is a really nice and helpful tutorial! Great ... :icon_thumbup:

Best regards
Wolfgang

Back