Using cheetah with poser 6?

Using cheetah with poser 6?

I just registered cheetah3D yesterday. Iv'e had hours of fun just messing around with it. I'm glad someone finally made 3D modeling idiot-proof for me. I thought this might be a great tool for working with Morph Targets in Curious Labs Poser6. I tried working with this a little but only got garbled results. I think it may have something to do with the order of vertices getting changed while importing and exporting .obj files. Does anyone know if there is a file format that is better at preserving the order of vertices? I think Poser handles all of them except for .jas.
Happy Rendering
~AR

Hi luvchowda
I tried allready the 3ds format (for example to move to Bryce) with good results - even the Cheetahgenerated mats got an likely material automatically in Bryce - very fine.

bye frank

hi, luvchowda

i think you want to make Morph Target with Cheetah3D for Poser 6 figures or props. actually i try several times but has not succeeded yet.
as you said vertices re-order when exporting to OBJ file. :cry:

I don't have any idea for fix it.:?

tg_jp

Hi,
now I know what you mean. The OBJ exporter of Cheetah3D removes all doubled vertices. This could probably cause such a mentined effect. :?

I've put that onto my todo list. But it won't make it into the next update (end of July) because I'm already poslishing it up and don't want to make more changes.

Can Poser load FBX files? Since the next update of Cheetah3D will offer FBX export.

By,
Martin

Well Thanks guys. That confirms what i was thinking. I Think I'll stop experimenting with morph targets for now. Cheetah seems to work fine for modeling original figures and props for poser.:)
~AR

I Just wanted to give an update on the Poser 6 / obj. export issue I had before. I took another stab at it with C3d2.3.2 and editing morph targets with Cheetah3D works just fine now. :D Thanks Martin

~Aaron

Hi,
that's good to hear. :D I made some changes to the .obj exporter but I couldn't test it myself since I don't own Poser.

By,
Martin

Back