Reference Capable?

Reference Capable?

Hello Everyone,
First time post here, I was just wondering, I just recently started using cheetah3D after awhile of using PC 3D modelling programs, and I am trying to figure out if theres some way to use an image as reference in the program.For example,I used to use a program called gameSpace by Calligari,and to make this "reference" image to aid in modelling,what you would do is draw out what you want to model at various angles (front,back,side,top) on pen and paper,then scan these images on to your computer and size them correctly to fit your needs, then in gameSpace you would make a Plane (a flat surface though I'm sure you all knew that) and then you open up a material palette and the folder with your image.You then drag your image to the material then once the image is made as a material you drag your new material (the image) to the plane the plane now has your image on it,and the same goes for every other angle.This makes it so your not just blindly modelling.I'll post a link to the video if I didn't explain it well enough,and sorry for the noobish question.Thanks!

Back