Unify Render Settings

Unify Render Settings

Put all render settings in one place, e.g. put the render preferences stuff into the camera.

Even better: allow presets to be stored and selected from a render settings menu.

Also nice: give a camera (at least) two render settings -- one for stills and one for animation.

Eventually: it might be nice to be able to do things like set subdiv levels globally from render settings (or put a subdiv modifier into render settings, e.g. +1 meaning that subdiv level is increased by one for rendering).

I'd love something like this.

It would be great being able to save render presets, so you could have one for quick low sample rendering and then switch over to the higher quality for the final render.

I might note that B_ 2.4x has the ability to render at a multiplier of the scene settings (so you can change to 25% for previews and 200% for a "hero" render). B_ 2.4x also has two subdiv settings, one for edit view and one for render — another very useful thing.

Given the number of settings for the Falcon renderer, I'd like to plus one the wish list for render presets. It would be nice to select DRAFT and automatically have the settings cut back on antialiasing and other samples. Maybe a Motion Test preset. Maybe another for Texture Tests, and of course the Final BEST Quality render.

It would also be nice if each user could overwrite the Presets with their own settings of what constitutes, Draft, Motion Test, Texture Test, and Best Quality. Maybe, like the Layout Presets, the end user could create their own Custom Settings, say #1, #2, and #3. I'd like a custom setting with all the render layers active, etc.

Back