Eliminate "Activation" Click From Manipulator

Eliminate "Activation" Click From Manipulator

I kind of get tired of having to click on the manipulators to use them. I realise this is a matter of preference, so perhaps it should be a preference item (what do other people think?).

In Cheetah to resize an object you tend to have to select it, switch to the transform tool, and then "click to activate" the resize manipulator, and then resize. Usually (because I'm used to Silo, for example) I end up clicking and dragging on the manipular, accidentally translating the object, then having to undo and then redo the operation I first thought of.

Given that Cheetah has excellent support for undo, I'd like the manipulator widgets to all be live at the same time.

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm not sure if I understood you right. But the transform widget doesn't need a activation click to change the transform mode.

For example if you are in transform mode and the cones are highlighted just drag the boxes to scale. Or drag the rings to rotate. You don't have to to click on them first to activate (highlight) them.

Bye,
Martin

Ah...I was misinterepreting the behavior. Here's my issue:

The center "grey box" on the transform tool is subtley modal. If you click on an arrow then use it, it transforms in some plane (perpendicular to view normal?). If you click on a ring and then the box it spins. If you click on a scale widget it does a uniform scale.

So it's the grey cube that I have a problem with. I just want it to be a uniform scaling widget.

Back