Multiple point/drag select

Multiple point/drag select

Hello! In Blender 3D there is a "border select" tool (B key), (known as the rectangular marquee tool in Phototshop), and I'd like the same tool in Cheetah 3D. So, if I have an object in point mode, I'd like to be able to drag the marquee tool across the object to select several points at once. (This of course would follow the rules of "backface culling", so that it knew whether or not to select points at the "back" of the object too, or just the visible/front ones.)

Click drag with area select.

Under selection chose area select then click and drag.

"(This of course would follow the rules of "backface culling", so that it knew whether or not to select points at the "back" of the object too, or just the visible/front ones.)"
This I don't know about.

Last edited:
Getting there...

"(This of course would follow the rules of "backface culling", so that it knew whether or not to select points at the "back" of the object too, or just the visible/front ones.)"
This I don't know about.

Hey cool, thanks! :smile:
Your suggestion takes care of half of what I want to do. I can now drag and select, awesome. The only problem that remains is that if for example I drag in a Front view, not only are the front points selected, but any (not visible) back points that fall within the dragging area are selected too. Is it possible to avoid this in Cheetah 3d?

Hi.
Maybe this will fit your needs.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• arealselect.jpeg
    arealselect.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 668
Back