Coils and Arrows

Coils and Arrows

I hope, somebody finds these scripts useful.

Herb

Attachments

• Herbs_Scripts.jpg
    Herbs_Scripts.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,466
  • To appropriate Folder.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,210
Scripts are zipped within correct folders

Hello uncle808us,
there are two polygon and three spline scripts.
The zip file has two folders, "Polygonobj" with the polygon scripts and "Splineobj" with the spline scripts.
I use the coil spline scripts with a small circle in C3D-sweep and the 2D-arrow with C3D-polyplane.

Thank again.

Hello uncle808us,
there are two polygon and three spline scripts.
The zip file has two folders, "Polygonobj" with the polygon scripts and "Splineobj" with the spline scripts.
I use the coil spline scripts with a small circle in C3D-sweep and the 2D-arrow with C3D-polyplane.

I'll be using these thanks.

arrows with uv-settings

Hi all,
up to now I only needed singly colored arrows. However recently I wanted some fancier coloring and found out that when I was writing these scripts I did not know about uv-coordinates.
I thus reworked the scripts such that the arrows have a reasonable uv-setting. I also tried to improve the quality of the code: it should be easy to read as well as easy to revise.

Hope somebody finds this useful.

Herb

Attachments

• arrows.jpg
    arrows.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Arrows.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 807
Last edited:
Arc arrow and Cheetah3D 6.2

Hi,

first of all thank you for this very useful scripts. I have been using them for a while and I recently encountered a problem when using arc arrows with Cheetah3D 6.2.

I am attaching an image where I have used several "normal" arrows and one arc arrow that is supposed to have head on one side only (the right side as shown in the image). However, I get this strange behavior. This only happens when reducing the angle below 180 degrees.

Is anyone else getting this behavior?

Thank you very much,

Rodrigo

Attachments

• arc_arrow_error.jpg
    arc_arrow_error.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 886
Fix for Arc_Arrow.js

Thank you for these great scripts. I was pulling hair out trying to find a way to create arrows in a manageable way. Downloaded the scripts and got them to work. However Arc_Arrow contains a but which causes one of the tips to go to the wrong place when the angle isn't set to 180 degrees.

Here is the fix:
edit Arc_Arrow.js and replace line 62 with:

var EndTip = new Vec3D(ArcRadius*Math.cos(Angle), 0, -ArcRadius*Math.sin(Angle));

Cheers, Tony

Question about editing a script

Thanks for the script Herb and thanks for the fix Tony.

I don't know anything about scripts thus I'm not sure how to edit a script.
In order to edit the script do I double click on it in the finder?
(When I do that it takes me to the script on-line)

When you say:

var EndTip = new Vec3D(ArcRadius*Math.cos(Angle), 0, -ArcRadius*Math.sin(Angle));
I take it that I should only count the lines that have text in them - is that correct?
I attached a screen shot of the first part of the script and I have the number 62 in red inserted by the line I believe I am to change.
Is that correct?

Do I just delete that line, then type the new code in?

My Best
Jeanny

Attachments

• Arc Arrow.png
    Arc Arrow.png
    331.8 KB · Views: 441
@ Jeanny. This isn´t line 62 - please use something like TextWrangler which can show line numbers.
@ Jeanny and Bob. Isn´t the polygon script working for you anymore?

Cheers
Frank

Attachments

• line62.jpg
    line62.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 433
Hi Frank
@ Jeanny and Bob. Isn´t the polygon script working for you anymore?
Well . . . I read this:
Thank you for these great scripts. I was pulling hair out trying to find a way to create arrows in a manageable way. Downloaded the scripts and got them to work. However Arc_Arrow contains a but which causes one of the tips to go to the wrong place when the angle isn't set to 180 degrees.

Here is the fix:

so I figured I getter fix it before I use it.

So now I tried it without the fix and it seems to work fine for me.
It looks like one controls the degree of Arc_Arrow's curve with the radius and dial_of_shaft . . .
thus we don't need to change the angle.

I get a Javascript Error with Arrow 2D

Thanks for the tip to get TextWrangler.
I've got it bookmarked for the future after I finish some of my projects.
I have to finish my Winter scene before the frost melts.:p

My Best
Jeanny

Last edited:
Back