Cheetah3D 8.1 Beta 1 - Adds USDZ import/export

This seems like a major mistake as there is no sub selection in the latest version.
In version 8.0b5 on my 12.7.4 Monterey iMac, if you select multiple objects there is a sub selection color as shown here.
Notice there are two colors for selected objects as well as two shades of blue in the object browser.

I've fixed that bug. It will work as expected in the next beta. Thanks for the tip.:)

Something unrelated to USDZ just came up.
In 2019 in C3D7.3 / 7.4 it was possible to load the rigid body 2 example (red ball smashes blue boxes), bake the dynamics into a cache, keyframe the folder and get all dynamics of all boxes recorded, ready for fbx animation export.

Now the hierarchy doesn't work anymore, I still can record keyframes of the folder but the box translations are not contained anymore.
It is still possible to keyframe a single box or the red ball, but without hierarchy this is totally impractical.

I've tested it and it worked as expected. Did you enable the "Key hierarchy" timeline mode before recording the key frames of the folder?

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-28 um 15.14.44.png

Back