PBR Material creation

Wow, the new PBR preview is awesome. Very helpful!

The only thing is... In order to create a PBR material I have to select shader, go to the node Editor, right-click and click "add node → shader → PBR".

This is a very small feature requets... Could you add the PBR material under "default" in the "Add Material" dropdown? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 11.26.37 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 11.26.37 AM.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 40
I hope I don´t get in trouble with Martin as I´m not sure how save this working hack is - but you can take the standard "Material" - go Node editor and change the shader to PBR - save this Material to the default location in Application Support/Cheetah3D/Materials as "Material".
Now open the Cheetah3D.app package and find: Contents/Resources/PlugIns/Materials/Default and replace the "Material.c3dmat" with the one you saved earlier. Restart Cheetah3d, load Material->Material and now it´s the PBR shader.

Martin, if you have any doubts about the method let me know and we'll erase it from our memory.
Cheers
Frank

You can make a custom PBR folder in your Materials folder and put a default PBR in it.
Wait... am I missing something? :D There's a Materials folder for materials to be added to this list? This doesn't seem to be documented.

Aaaah! I never used that. This is amazing o_O Nice.

I added it to my own folder.
It doesn't work when putting it into the "default" folder, though. Looks like Cheetah3D overrides the contents of that?

Back