Pipework 3D printed

Hi,

What would the best way to model the below, would it be a spline path then extrude a torus around it?

I'd like to model it in one piece then add supports between the pipework as I'd like to get it 3D printed, thanks.

Kevin.

Attachments

• Pipe_00.jpg
    Pipe_00.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 130
First thing I'd try is one rounded edge plus circle spline in a sweep-creator. The inner angle is the crucial part here. If this doesn't work out well - weld 2 cylinders (8 iterations) in a 90*angle via Boolean add. Get rid of the crease and ploys you don't need, optimise to weld points - then edge loop select the edges at 45* and try your luck with Polygon->chamfer (or alike, I'm not in front of my Mac right now). I'd extend/double/mirror/rotate the parts till I got bigger elements to double, stack and align&swell with snapping and optimising.
Does it needs this fittings to mimic real pipe-work or could it be just a bent hose?

First thing I'd try is one rounded edge plus circle spline in a sweep-creator. The inner angle is the crucial part here. If this doesn't work out well - weld 2 cylinders (8 iterations) in a 90*angle via Boolean add. Get rid of the crease and ploys you don't need, optimise to weld points - then edge loop select the edges at 45* and try your luck with Polygon->chamfer (or alike, I'm not in front of my Mac right now). I'd extend/double/mirror/rotate the parts till I got bigger elements to double, stack and align&swell with snapping and optimising.
Does it needs this fittings to mimic real pipe-work or could it be just a bent hose?
Hi, thanks for the reply, no it don't need to mimic real pipework, one continuous pipe would be fine.

* This seems to be a construct with only two primary components, a straight pipe and an L-shaped connector.
* Using a combination of arrays and symmetries should generate most of the object. No idea if this is applicable in stereolithography.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 15.26.30.png

I used a tube and the bend modifier.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 119
Back