Smart Texture, Rapid PBR(Physically-Based Rendering) material creation.

DougUK

Hi everyone,

Before I begin I would like to explain that I emailed Martin and mentioned the new release of my Smart Texture App, he replied and said he would be happy for me to share this information on the forum as I don’t want to break any rules.

Smart Texture is a Rapid PBR(Physically-Based Rendering) material creation app for MacOs to assist all types of 3D artists.
I only released it a about month ago and have already updated it 5 times so hopefully all the bugs have been sorted :)
As with any software there's always ways to improve things so I would love to hear your thought's good or bad and also any ideas to improve the app.
banner.jpg

You can find more info on my website DougUK.co.uk
Smart Texture is available on the Apple App Store Smart Texture

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year :)
Doug

Excellent, very easy to use. Purchased :)

Is there a way to turn off the background? Also enter the values manually rather than just the sliders?

Excellent, very easy to use. Purchased :)

Is there a way to turn off the background? Also enter the values manually rather than just the sliders?
Hi Qube, thank you very much for your kind words and purchase.
I have added both your suggestions to my list and will do my best to add them to the next update :)

Hi Qube, thank you very much for your kind words and purchase.
I have added both your suggestions to my list and will do my best to add them to the next update :)
Nice one :) Great app and price point and saves a hell of a lot of time creating textures for Unity

Looks pretty promising. Is it built around Cheetah’s PBR model or is it more general? (I’m going to try it and figure out for myself but you might want to explain what the workflow with materials is depending on which 3D suite you’re using).

Looks pretty promising. Is it built around Cheetah’s PBR model or is it more general? (I’m going to try it and figure out for myself but you might want to explain what the workflow with materials is depending on which 3D suite you’re using).
Hi podperson,
It's not built around Cheetah3D's PBR model no but I will certainly look into it and see what I can do in the future :)
The textures are exported into there own folder, The folder will contain your Albedo/Diffuse, Normal, Metalness, Roughness, Ambient occlusion maps and also your Clear coat maps.

At the moment I'm working on an update that will allow you to turn the background on/off and enter the values manually rather than just the sliders as suggested by Qube :)

Update downloaded. Perfect for tweaking now, thanks :)
Your very welcome Qube :)

Smart Texture version 1.0.05 has been released.
- You can now turn background scene on/off.
- You can also set the background colour.
- You can now adjust settings with sliders or enter values manually.

good morning all.
Just a heads up.
I have just released version 1.0.06 of Smart Texture which includes export to Cheetah3D(.c3dmat) format.
Also Smart Texture now exports a snapshot with the exported materials which may be helpful to some of you.
Smart Texture now has it’s own website Smart Texture
Thanks, have a great day 😁

Hi how's everyone doing:)
I added a few free PBR materials I created with Smart Texture on my website if anyones interested.
You can find them here Free PBR Materials.
I shall add some more now and then when I get time:)

Cheers
Doug

Hi all,
Just a heads up, I have released a small update for Smart Texture :)
I have added a cloth model for viewing your materials and fixed a few minor bugs, also I have worked a bit on the sliders so they move a bit smoother :)

Thanks, have a great day :)

Back