Cheetah used for TV show titles etc.

Simon A

Haven't been on here for a while but noticed that Ted has popped back. Learnt most of my early lessons from his tutorials and bought some HDRI's from him too.

So the below YouTube link is the tile design and virtual 3D studio set for Saturday Night With Hayley Palmer that broadcasts on Sky 365, Freesat 500 and Freeview Play 264. The sponsor bumpers on this sequence also have Cheetah 3D renders too.

For the titles, this included various render passes of the set and then comped together. The presenter was dropped in as a 2D model so that the camera move, perspective and floor reflection were more realistic. The background plate of London was shot. For the title sequence its a Cheetah texture (also the initial floor reflection of the video screen). For the interview section of the show the background video plate and video floor reflection are distorted video layers with blending effects behind the rendered 3D still of the studio, this part done in FCPX. The virtual 3D set is really useful as it can be dressed e.g for Xmas or Halloween specials.

Love using Cheetah, I am far from an expert but have used it for hundreds of hours of broadcast TV, commercials, music videos and coporate stuff (have been designing and producing a walk through for an exhibition stand this weekend). Never really got my head around Blender, the Cheetah interface and workflow is much better. Hope someone is inspired to do better.

Unlisted Youtube Link of sponsor/title sequence.

SNWHP Title.jpg

Back