This has nothing to do with Cheetah 3D…

I found this and I have no idea what it is. Can anyone identify it?

Attachments

• What is this-lo.jpg
    What is this-lo.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 190
It certainly is an adaptor of sorts, presumably audio from the last millennium. Without seeing the boxy side on the right I have no further idea. It seems a little bit too small for being a simple male <> female thingy.

Last edited:
IR sensor/repeater?

There are some stereo systems that included a tiny mic that you use to help calibrate their surround sound settings by placing them into the middle of the room. The system would play tones through each speaker and calibrate how to adjust its volume and EQ settings so they the "center" of the audio image would be fixed at the mic's location.

IR sensor/repeater?

There are some stereo systems that included a tiny mic that you use to help calibrate their surround sound settings by placing them into the middle of the room. The system would play tones through each speaker and calibrate how to adjust its volume and EQ settings so they the "center" of the audio image would be fixed at the mic's location.
I also think it is something like that. At least it looks like this:

Thanks guys I also thought this was an IR receiver but I have no idea how you would use it.
I know it has something to do with TV remote control.
I also thought it could be a boundary microphone but it may be too small for that.
Thanks for all your responses I appreciate them.
Thank you

I had an IR receiver similar to this, that came with a PCI audio/video capture card. I had it installed in my G4 Power Mac tower. I want to say it was a Hauppauge brand one. Of course they were used for all kinds of different electronics that could make use of the IR receiver. Haven't seen one of those in a long time though. I think WiFi, Bluetooth, and USB connections made them more obsolete.

Back