6 Day Render

Hi...
It's Jesse In Utah...Been Working On A 3D Model And Started To Try Something New...Added Radiosity Into It. Turned It All On...Along With
Irradiance Cache...And Detail detection. Then Did A Test Render. Now What Happens Next...Is I Get Discolored Patches Of Light Contamination On The Scene

Which Is Being Caused By Radiosity. So I Tried Adjusting...Error In Irradiance Cache...Which Defaults To 0.15...Got It Down To 0.05 And I Got Rid Of The
Light Discoloration Crap. Now All Of The Sudden When I Do A Render At That Point...It Takes Instead Of A Few Seconds Or 5 Minutes To Render
Now It Takes 20 Minutes. I Thought Well I'll Try That And Installed My New Key Frames. It Ran For Three Day's Straight And It Was Just Passed Half Way On
The Animation. So...Instead Of Letting It Finish For Another 2 Or 3 Day's, I Clicked On Stop. I Was Afraid Of Frying My iMac. So My Question...Is It Normal
To Let It Run Like That For Day's, Is There A Way To Maybe Speed Up The Render, Or Speed Up Any Other Procedure, Function Or Tool Of Cheetah.

Do you have any screen shots of the problem.

It could be from you're HDR lighting if your using that.
If your using the Cheetah Renderer set the Clamp value of the HDRI light to 10.

If it looks like this, clamp it.

UnClamp.jpg

Are they splotches by sharp inside corners? If so, if you can bevel them it helps. Maybe try reducing Rmin in the irradiance cache and see if that helps.

Back